Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
send me a message .. i want to put 20 in the rear widest 8/10 and 18'sx7 in front my 56 2dr Ht is all stock going with disc brakes up front only i wanna know back spacing and will 20x10 fit on the rear of a stock 56 ht no mods all original

·
Registered
37,237 Posts
Wheel diameter does not matter, only rim width, backspacing, and tire size.

Never say never, but 10" rims will be a tough fit. 8" or 8-1/2" can be made to work.

Need to know whether you have dropped spindles or not on the front, and what the brake package is.

In the rear, is it the stock axle? What brakes?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had chrome Chip Foose Legends on my car but decided to upgrade my suspension with C4 Corvette parts. Front rims are 7" wide & rear rims are 8" wide. Fronts wheels have 4" backspacing. Rears have 4 & 1/2" backspacing.
Tires are NEXEN N3000. Front tires are 225/45R17. Rear tires are 245/45R18.

Also, front rims are 17" and rears are 18".

You can get 8.5" wide rims to fit up front; however, you are looking at about...I think (don't quote me on this measurement because I don't remember exactly) 7" of backspace. Take a look and get the backspacing measurement from some 93-96 Corvette rims. I have seen 18" and 20" up front on trifives; however, I hear that they rub. I am currently using a 17" rim (8.5" wide) up front and every time I drive it, I try to make it rub but can't.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts