Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please give your opinions on this cars.. condition vs. price, etc...

Dealer says it is a Sedan delivery conversion... was 2dr wagon...
Tubbed 4-5 inches....

engine (350) runs but need rebuilt... (no big deal to me...)
Interior NOT done....

http://www.hattwheels.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=listing&rid=119&pageid=1&id=34309#

I havent seen the car in person... but he does business in the DFW area and will deliver the car....

Anybody in the area willing to check it out for me???

·
Administrator
49,658 Posts
Looks pretty solid in the pics but only a personal look would tell the story for sure. The price isn`t out of line if the condition it looks to be in is for real. I don`t know about the conversion part though.
Terry.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Not enough pictures, the only thing you can tell is that it had a recent paint job, The wipers are missing and the front hood stainless etc, is missing so it was recently painted just to sell and that worries me.

Looks like a rush to sell job so I would not buy unless a close up inspection.

Theirs an old saying in the army and it applies sometimes to other things.

The army uses Olive Drab Paint, ( OD Green ) but the soldiers used to call it Over Dirt, because the quickest way to get something looking good, with rust and dirt is to paint it fast before inspection.:)

Good Luck

Otis

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Terry

Thanks I was looking and not seeing the trim painted, I guess I never thought of that being painted

Otis:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Terry

I can't tell you alot from exerience in buying classic cars but I can give you a heads up flag from my experience as an artist. I know this is a bit out of left field but I have ALOT of experience with photography and photoshop and the picture looks like it may have been "enhanced" a bit. Specifically the rear panel. Lighting is not the same as rest of car. There also appears possibly a large rusted area that was blended in front of the wheel well so that it looks like good paint. I would definitely want to see this car in person and you could always ask for more pictures of this car from many angles and close ups of individual areas. Just my two cents.

Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes, Terry...
I looked at them.. thanks! keep 'em coming!! :)
I liked the sedan delivery but didnt like the crunched right rear quarter/fin assembly....
I can do mechanical... but trying to keep metal work to a minimum...
The 56 wagon was cool, but I'd rather find a delivery...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts