Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 55 belair. I'm replacing all the old wore out parts on the front end. The problem is finding parts. I ordered a steering linkage kit in june, and it's on back order. Now they say it won't be in until october. The kit is ( Idler arm, Pitman arm, and Center link.) The order is from Ecklers. Any idea who would have these parts, I would really like to drive my car this year. Thanks for any help.

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
I have a 55 belair. I'm replacing all the old wore out parts on the front end. The problem is finding parts. I ordered a steering linkage kit in june, and it's on back order. Now they say it won't be in until october. The kit is ( Idler arm, Pitman arm, and Center link.) The order is from Ecklers. Any idea who would have these parts, I would really like to drive my car this year. Thanks for any help.
Have you checked out your local NAPA parts store? You should be able to get all of those items from them. (in stock, no shipping) The idler arm bushings and center link ends are under 15 bucks but a new idler arm is 150 dollars so you might want to think about rebuilding yours.
Tie rod ends are 50-70 bucks according to napa online.

·
Administrator
48,750 Posts
Check with site sponsor H & H Classic, pitman arms #`s 2532,3953, idler arm #`s 2533,4007 and idler bearing kit#2104. Center link #3954. Their website is www.hhclassic.com
Terry

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,399 Posts
9 Toes....Are the parts missing, bent, or broken?.....If not, they can be rebuilt, except for the pitman arm.

·
Registered
948 Posts
9 Toes, Check with CCP. CPP sells the parts you need. They are a trifive vendor and run an ad above. Let them know you heard about them here it helps them know their ad $ are working.

·
Registered
557 Posts
theres also a source on ebay that has all the tie rods and center link and goodies for 140 ish dollars i cant remember exactly how much

·
Registered
66,326 Posts
check and call the sponsors here. next try ebay. :anim_25:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the parts I needed. cpp and dancuck. I should have the car driveable in a week or so. I can't wait! Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the parts ordered. Found them at cpp and danchuk. Should be on the road soon. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts