Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post pics of 57 chevys with a vette grille.. seen one back in the day and want to intall one in my 57 would love to see some pics to see if still looks as good as I remembered. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Do you mean like this? This is Joe's car (FiftyCheven) This was his Dad's car I believe. Speaking of him, he hasn't been around in awhile. I bought the 61 Impala Strng Wheel from this car He hasn't been here since 6-24. By the way I think the grille looks cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow so far Im liking it!! now if I can find some pics with a bumper on it. I will be loving life.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Corvette Grill

Most likely the first Vette Grill in a Chevy was the Motorama Nomad factory
build by Cherolet shown in ""1954""

Check out utube ,,,,,,,,,,,,,for a trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRmlDhaiYJc&feature=related

Also check out Superior Glassworks

http://www.superiorglassworks.com/

Located in Molalla Oregon. They are building the Motorama Nomad. Superior is a Top Quality Shop and I've lucky enough to see the progess in the various stages. This will be an awsume Nomad set up with Chevy LS running gear.

I'm not sure, but your might be able to purchase a grill if this the look your
after..

Good Luck....

Michael
Cypher Engineering Srvice Inc.
Molalla Or.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Ecklers has a kit to put a 57 Corvette kit in a trifive but I forget which year... Later, Dave

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Eckler's would have a kit seeing how they sell old and New Vette parts as well as the Tri-five stuff. You may want to check the pricing on the old grills before you fall in love. They are about as expensive as having a wife! :eek:They can be had cheaper than Eckler's, try Corvette Central's web site. I put a NOS set up on my 60 Vette so I have an old set up laying around. It needs work and re-plating.

Don

·
Registered
343 Posts
I like how it looks too. It looks aggressive.

And sorry Wraplock, wives are way more expensive, or atleast mine is. Between all the shopping, hair appointments, and all that other girl stuff... It would be cheaper to build about 5 or 6 cars, I would think. Dang!!!! Too cool, I need more cars.

It's only fair for every dollar she spends, I should get to spend one too, right? :happy0030: ie... She goes and gets her hair done for $50, I should get to go to the auto store and spend $50 on a part for my 57. Wait, that will never work, she tells me, what's mine is hers and what's hers is hers, it's a no win situation. :confused0006:

So, see, that grill is cheaper than having a wife, enjoy the grill, (oh yeah, enjoy the girl too). :sign0020:

Rick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eckler's would have a kit seeing how they sell old and New Vette parts as well as the Tri-five stuff. You may want to check the pricing on the old grills before you fall in love. They are about as expensive as having a wife! :eek:They can be had cheaper than Eckler's, try Corvette Central's web site. I put a NOS set up on my 60 Vette so I have an old set up laying around. It needs work and re-plating.

Don
Don, let me know if your interested in selling your old grille, I would like it for mockup purposes. Thanks Bryan.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Bryan

Let me check to be sure I have all the parts. As I said, it needs some work, I think there were some broken bolts in some of the holes. I think I removed most but not sure. I'll check tomorrow, if they look ok I'll let you know...I don't need much for it as I'll never use it.

Don

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bryan

Let me check to be sure I have all the parts. As I said, it needs some work, I think there were some broken bolts in some of the holes. I think I removed most but not sure. I'll check tomorrow, if they look ok I'll let you know...I don't need much for it as I'll never use it.

Don
That would be great! A HUGE HELP!!!! it dosent matter if its missing parts or even broken. as I only need it for mock up. I can also return the favor and powder coat or custom paint any parts you may need done, now or in the future. free of charge, as that is what I do for a living. Thanks Bryan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts