Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy,s hey is there any way to hook up the two wire for the neutral safety switch to a clutch? With 4 speed just seems like a good option if possible

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Corvettes have been that way for years. My wife's new Scion FR-S is also that way. Just add a brake lite type switch to the clutch pedal.
Jim

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
My 55 and 67 Camaro are not that way, however my 74 Z28 is equiped with a pressure sensitive switch, not really necessary.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Victorniner.... yes it temporarily lets the car start and won't be needed once started. If you are looking to install one one a car that doesn't have one, think of it this way. You will probably look to interrupt the wire from your ignition switch that tells the car to start through your neutral safety switch. So the switch is open until you press the clutch... then the voltage passes and the car starts.

So the install would look like the pic... the switch itself would look like the one in the below link...

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...ht-Switch/_/N-2697?itemIdentifier=196417_0_0_

Just make sure the switch itself is normally open when pushed in and closed when released

Attachments

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,691 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As usual I think I could ask any question here and get great answers thanks so much you guys are making putting a 57 together a breeze

1 - 8 of 8 Posts