Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to any Chip Foose work before. Today I went to a small car show in Watertown SD at a F*** store owned by Wes Rydel of Grand Forks, ND. He's done well in the car business, and sent his two Foose designed chevys, a 35 Chevy Master 2 dr sedan "The Grand Master" and a 54 belair "The CoolAir". I'm posting a few pics from Custom Rodder, rather than my crappy cell phone shots. I was just in total awe. TV and these pics just doesn't do his craft justice.

0703cr-01-z+1954-chevrolet-bel-air+front-side.jpg

0703cr-04-z+1954-chevrolet-bel-air+front-interior.jpg

0703cr-03-z+1954-chevrolet-bel-air+engine.jpg

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Great looking 54... Later, Dave

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,795 Posts
Yes I have seen pics. of that '54 before, and it sure is beautiful.

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
The 54 coupes look fantastic, a buddy of mine has Foosed cadillac tail lights into his, looks like thats the way the car came :tu

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
Chip Foose is the real deal. I often wondered about the split with Boyd Cottington. I think Chip had the talent and Boyd had the name. It speaks volumes that most of Boyd's top guys ended up working for Chip.

·
Registered
67,707 Posts
beautiful, thanks for sharing. :tu

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
That is outstanding. Got a friend that has a '54 2 dr post (is that how you describe them?), was wondering what to do with it. I think I just saw the answer.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i was in his shop about a year and a half ago, the craftsmanship was amazing. he wasn't there but they said he still gets his hands dirty when time allows. his style is way better than what you see on that stupid show "overhaulin"

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I've seen that 54 in person, beautiful. I always guessed Wes Rydell was a Chevy dealer, not a F### dealer....go figure.

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,795 Posts
Chip Foose is the real deal. I often wondered about the split with Boyd Cottington. I think Chip had the talent and Boyd had the name. It speaks volumes that most of Boyd's top guys ended up working for Chip.
I have also thought the same.

7,082 Posts
but they said he still gets his hands dirty when time allows. his style is way better than what you see on that stupid show "overhaulin"
Call me stupid with reason, but I really enjoy Overhaulin. Sure it is scripted for ratings and it has taken me 35 yrs and not close to these cars. Family oriented, good family values portrayed. He never comes on as "The Man". Many show him actually working (how many of us can do what he does?). The man has talent and I think character (how he treats Dad, son, and all others on the show). Just because we don't have these talents, I don't think this is a bad thing. WE WILL NEVER HAVE THE FASTEST, GREATEST, MOST AWESOME VEHICLE EVER MADE. LIVE WITH IT. If you can do better, we love pics. wow, :bowtier:
Scotty T. Please understand this is not a knock on you in ANY WAY. :shakehands: :bowtier:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts