Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about ready to go to the Orthopedic doctor to get the liquid out of my knee. I tripped over a muffler and went sailing into the asphalt. I don't know how many times when I was younger that I fell down and never got fluid in my knee. Is this something just remote to older people? Need to were short pants. Boy, the doctor is going to wonder how I got all those cuts and scars on both legs. Last time I went to my primary care doctor, they wanted to know why I had this big bump on my forehead. They thought I was getting beat up by the wife. No, it was bumping my head into the trunk lid. :sign0020:

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
Had a colleague go through a partial knee rebuild he was in pain as there was no cushioning between the bones, he was virtually bone on bone not good. After the procedure his a new man, cant keep up with him.

As we get older we just dont recover as easily as we used to as when we were kids.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,691 Posts
Old age is hell Max....Fell off a ladder onto a cast iron sink putting on siding last week.....OUCH!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Max I have two bad knees one needs to be replaced the other they can repair. Too many times jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft thats not out of gas or not on fire..:tu When my right knee get twisted or goes out if I am in more pain then normal I go to the doc and get 64cc of yellow fluid drained out of my knee. When I was recently in the hospital I twisted my knee (same one) and needed it drained. When I finally got a doctor to do it I said hey I'll bet you a beer you'll get 64cc's of fluid, the doctor looked up at me over his glasses and said oh yeah I like imported beer. when he was finished he held up the syringe and said SOB 64cc's right on the nose you sand bagged me. I said I like my Belgium beer in a tall frozen glass thank you.....:sign0020:
Seriously though it hurts a little but for the relief it will bring you its well worth it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yup, Wacked my knee a couple of years ago .While building garage I was setting on steel beam installing second floor joist missed the 2x10 completely and hit my left knee right beside the knee cap with a 20 oz. hammer at full swing !! Had fluid drained out and a cortisone shot ,had to keep it wrapped for about a week. The DR. said he could tell if a guy was left or right handed just by looking at his hands. If you are right handed your left hand will have more scars.. :sign0020::sign0020:

·
Registered
283 Posts
The older you get

As I get older the more trouble I have with my knees. Banged the left one last year, was blown up like a balloon, had 4 months physical therapy. MRI showed I have arthritis in both knees now. Part of getting older I guess. Doc says I need to go on more walks with the dog.

So get it drained, feel better, and keep walking. Best of luck with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts