Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy I know offered to sell me a rather large lot of new and used parts for a 56 2dr HT. The guy bought most of the parts 13 years ago.

It includes a complete interior kit from Cars Inc. He said he paid $1299 for the kit in 1997, and that the same or a similar kit from Danchuck now sells for $1999.

It is a black and white interior, and it is really nice looking. The only thing is ... I don't know if I will end up wanting to use this brand of interior or this color combination. Thus, I'm wondering what the market value of this kit might be if I tried to sell it here or on eBay. Also, I'm wondering if this kit is inferior or superior to a kit purchased from Danchuck/Cars Inc. today.

Thanks for your help.

Tim

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I bought my interior from Cars 20 years ago. Still have it in the car. Everything has held up very well with the exception of the silver foil piping on the drivers seat back rest. All in all I've been very happy with the quality.

Don

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my interior from Cars 20 years ago. Still have it in the car. Everything has held up very well with the exception of the silver foil piping on the drivers seat back rest. All in all I've been very happy with the quality.

Don
Any idea what the market value might be for this new/old kit?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I believe there was a guy on ebay that had one for about $1200.00 with no hits... I was told some time back that at one time alot of the older kits had some nos material which would make the value of the material worth a bit more... Goodluck

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I looked in your album and I really like that red/white interior your car now sports:tu It really goes well with the body mods:happy0030: Later, Dave

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe there was a guy on ebay that had one for about $1200.00 with no hits... I was told some time back that at one time alot of the older kits had some nos material which would make the value of the material worth a bit more... Goodluck
I just talked to a guy at Cars Inc., and he said that over the past 10-15 years, they really haven't changed much with the 55-57 interior kits, if they've changed them at all. If it sells new for $2000, and this kit is in new condition, I figure it's probably worth $800-1000 to someone, especially since they wouldn't have to pay sales tax which would be another $100-150 depending on where you live.

Tim

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked in your album and I really like that red/white interior your car now sports:tu It really goes well with the body mods:happy0030: Later, Dave
Thanks for noticing. I'm still trying to track down the "inventor" of my dad's 55 convertible. It's got a very sweet candy striped interior.

I don't know the history on the car. I haven't had much luck trying to track down the original builder.

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts