Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow , exciting news, Cars Inc is building a limited number of New 1957 Chevy Convertables. They also are a new Sponsor for us.

http://www.1957chevybody.com/

A Buyer can order an version he wants.

This is exciting event, Hopefully this will continue, They say they will build a limited quanity.,

Exclusively from CARS Inc.

The 1957 Chevy Convertible Body
In time of the the 50th Anniversary of the 1957 Chevy, CARS Inc. is pleased to announce that a limited restored 1957 Chevy Bel Air Conver-tible bodies, as well as complete cars will be made available for sale.
Each car starts with an original cowl (with a Cowl Tag), and then is restored with all new metal. Bodys will be available with or without a chasis, or as a complete turn-key1957 Chevy Convertible. All bodys include all sheetmetal needed for a Bel Air Convertible - including the Top Bows, full welded floor pans, fenders, hood, rear deck lid, all braces, and every other part needed.
There are three body options available:
BODY ONLY - a fully spot-welded body made with heavy guage steel, and made in the USA. This option is perfect for people or shops who would like to customize every detail of your car.
BODY on CHASIS - this is the above mentioned body that is “married” to either an original 1957 Chevy steel frame, or to a modern Art Morrison chasis.
COMPLETE CAR - this option takes the body and chasis from above and adds to it all other items needed to have a brand new “turn-key” car that you can drive away in.
Your “turn-key” car can be configured in the following ways:
FACTORY ORIGNIAL:
Call for more info
MODERN LUXURY:
Call for more info
MUSCLE MACHINE:
Call for more info

For over 30 years CARS Inc. has been reproducing sheetmetal, parts, and hand-sewn interiors for some of the most famous Chevrolets - including the 1957 Chevy Bel Air Convertible.
The first part that CARS Inc. offered was a simple emblem, but over time CARS Inc. added many more items to enable people to restore their own classic Chevys - since most of these parts were no longer available from GM - or from anywhere else.
As the years rolled by, more and more items for the 1957 Chevy became avai- lable as reproduction parts. Today, the items you would need to build a 1957 Chevy are all available - and that is why we at CARS Inc. have decided to offer a complete 1957 Chevy Convert- ible body (entire car also available).
The “core” of the car is an original ‘57 cowl section with a factory Cowl Tag, but the rest of the car is made with exact reproduction sheetmetal that has been engineered to fit and last for generations to come.
We hope you will take advantage of this unique opportunity to own your American Icon - a 1957 Chevy Bel Air.
Please call 1-800 CARS Inc to reseve your 1957 Chevy Convertible today!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
This is exciting!
I guess if you're looking for a '57 and cant wait for a restoration or a rebuilt original.....this makes owning one possible. If you can afford it. I've seen a fiberglass '55 being sold by a company called Bohannon Concepts also. This is no different than building an old F**d coupe, Cobra kit car or a Willy's. I will keep my original but.......I like it!

Tom

·
Registered
3,111 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Who's actually stamping the sheet metal

I have always wondered this - if CARS inc is selling the "new" 57 convert and Shermans & Assoc are selling the "new" 57 convert. Are they selling the same sheet metal product put out by the same sheet metal stamper or are they each manufacturing their own product at differant plants.

This goes for all the sheet matal repalcement panels too, is Sherman's better that CARS inc replacement panels or are they exactly the same product sold by two differant vendors...anyone know how these two companies produce and market thier products...Dennis Galloway (Canada55)

·
Registered
623 Posts
57 Convertible body

Dennis,
Sorry for not responding to your email to me.
As for your questions here are the answers;
I saw the 57 Convert body at the EMI booth while visiting the SEEMA Show.
EMI Manufacturers all the sheet metal for the Tri 5 chevys. EMI are the ones that are building the complete 57 convert body, and then marketing It, as they do with all their sheet metal panels, through their distributors of which CARS INC and Sherman are two. There maybe more distributors, but these are the only 2 I am aware of.
The manufacture of a 55 Chev Convert body, I am told, is possible as well due to the fact that EMI stamps all the convertible ONLY sheet metal parts.
All that is required is a good used 55 Chev Cowl, the layout of a large deposit, and about 15 weeks lead time.
People have been using these parts to convert 2 door sedans to convertibles for quite some time now.
I am looking into this possibility for one of my Swedish customers who has a very rusted out 55 convert.

Give me a call re your 55 Ragtop restoration. I have some suggestions.

Regards
Horst Urbaniak
Langley BC
www.classicbowtie.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
6 Posts
57 convertible bodies

We are also offering 57 convertible bodies for sale. When we can, we are taking real convertible bodies and rebuilding them and selling them with the orginal chassis . See our website for more details. LOCATED IN BLOUNT CO. TENNESSEE
ON HWY. 321 SOUTH , JUST 3 MILES PAST UNCLE DAVE'S BP SERVICE STATION,
LOOK FOR THE BRIGHT ORANGE MAL BOX AND WHITE ASR SIGN. ON THE RIGHT
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US AT 865-995-1144

email us at
[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts