·
Registered
67,750 Posts
happy wife = happy life. :tu

·
Registered
304 Posts
150 wagon

After seeing what one went for at Barrett Jackson that price is a drop in the bucket make sure to check for rust in both front corners :anim_25:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Very nice... I would be tempted... Later, Dave

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,729 Posts
Let me see if I have this right.....Your asking a bunch of hard core, died in the wool, Trifive Chevy lovers, if you should buy one. :sign0020:

As long as mama's happy, everyone is happy :)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
How Much???

I, respectfully, have to disagree with the thoughts of buying this Handyman wagon for that kind of money. You could be buying a fully restored 2 door hardtop and pay less than that. You will never realize your money in return, if you decide to ever sell it...my top price, even if it's a rotisserie restored on the underneath and no rust, would be $20-25K...tops, because it's a wagon, not sedan delivery...Now, it's a nice car and matches the one you bought beautifully, but in the end, it's your money, your purchase, but you asked for our opinions, and I just gave it...no disrespect intended..JMHO....:anim_25::gba:bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hi,
getting rather technical, as I haven't seen the car, so I went to NADA car values for classic cars...here is what the site says a 150 2door wagon sells for in my area:

1957 Chevrolet 150
2 Door Station Wagon

Research another classic car
ValuesSpecial Notes
Values
Values Facebook
Original
1-MSRP Low
2-Retail Average
3-Retail High
Retail
Base Price $2,407 (1)-$12,550 (2)-$25,100 (3)-$32,200
Options: (change)
4 Speed Transmission $825 $1,050 $1,325
TOTAL PRICE: $2,407 $13,375 $26,150 $33,525

Blue is average, and to the right is high retail. I would be more comfortable with the average price, not paying over retail...JMO and NADA's:anim_25::shakehands::gba:bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OMG.. My sedan is Awesome

I'm here in Ohio transferring the 57 150 2dr sedan and ...... It's better than what he said. He forgot to tell me about the NOS 2spd electric wiper setup!!! Cost the previous owner $500 !!!! There is absolutely nothing that is not new on this car. I'll pass on the wagon thou, just thought it would be cool! 2500 miles from a total frame off resto!!!! Power steering with 605 box... On and on

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I'm here in Ohio transferring the 57 150 2dr sedan and ...... It's better than what he said. He forgot to tell me about the NOS 2spd electric wiper setup!!! Cost the previous owner $500 !!!! There is absolutely nothing that is not new on this car. I'll pass on the wagon thou, just thought it would be cool! 2500 miles from a total frame off resto!!!! Power steering with 605 box... On and on
Smart move on both cars....:anim_25::shakehands::gba:bowtie-trifive

1 - 14 of 14 Posts