Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

New 7 x 15 steel rims

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  USA1 
#1 ·
Ever since I bought our 55 I've felt that the stock steel wheels look nice but are a bit too thin. I wanted to keep the look, but have them wider and I didn't feel like cutting the ones I had.

I read a tip from "thehazmatguy" here at Trifive about Caprice wheels from the 80's looked almost the same and could be found in 7x15 dimension. So I started looking around for a set and it sure took a while to find a set here in Sweden - almost every set I found had the larger bolt circle or the rims were only 6 inches wide... Well, last week I finally found a set and today I had a shop move my 225x75x15 tires onto the new rims.

And here's the result! I'm super pleased with them - looks almost exactly the way it did before, just with a little deeper look. Just what I wanted! :)

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!

They are 77-90 Caprice Sedan wheels, but some had 6 inch rims. Also, all Stationwagons and some sedan's like Police cars or Taxies had the larger bolt circle - so you have to look carefully if you want the 7x15 ones and the correct 5 x 4 3/4 bolt circle. You can never trust the fact that the wheels came of a Sedan (ask me how I know...).

The ones I bought had been lying in a guy's garage for many years, but were never used on a car, so they still had these labels on and clearly readable:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.