Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been on here in a while forgot my pass word and with work haven't had much free time. Anyway took the 55 to the track a few weeks ago and got a new best ET... This was with mufflers and air cleaner installed... Pic is a little blurry because I took it off a video..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Nice pass!
Short time is great!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Haven't been on here in a while forgot my pass word and with work haven't had much free time. Anyway took the 55 to the track a few weeks ago and got a new best ET... This was with mufflers and air cleaner installed... Pic is a little blurry because I took it off a video..
Whooaaawwhh! Ain't nothing "Slo" about that 55!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys it was a fun day.. Hoping next year I can go to the track more than once... Can't wait to start doing some tuning this spring.. I'm thinking I can get it into the 6 teens pretty easy...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Nice pass, great 60' time (I only wish I could 60' that quick). Now I have to look at your site to see what your running, cause slo does not apply.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Seeing others with numbers like that is why I quit going! Well actually just because I did some *upgrades* that didn't upgrade my time any. And the fact that my slicks where scaring the hell out of me at the far end trying to keep it going straight. Short lived 1 year racing career for me. Maybe if I ever do a real upgrade and get different slicks I'll go again just to see what it can do. That's all I ever went for anyway. I think my best was around 7.81 @ 86.93.
Mine would better fit the Slo55 name! ;) Those last times would have been better but I think my tires didn't like the heat and I couldn't hook worth a darn. Does make me wish I would have gone back when it was cooler, I still could, but again, the slicks scare the hell out of me fishtailing across the finish line.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seeing others with numbers like that is why I quit going! Well actually just because I did some *upgrades* that didn't upgrade my time any. And the fact that my slicks where scaring the hell out of me at the far end trying to keep it going straight. Short lived 1 year racing career for me. Maybe if I ever do a real upgrade and get different slicks I'll go again just to see what it can do. That's all I ever went for anyway. I think my best was around 7.81 @ 86.93.
Mine would better fit the Slo55 name! ;) Those last times would have been better but I think my tires didn't like the heat and I couldn't hook worth a darn. Does make me wish I would have gone back when it was cooler, I still could, but again, the slicks scare the hell out of me fishtailing across the finish line.
No shame in the times your car runs.. 7.80's is not slow.. The SLO name came from me, it took 7 years for me to build this car.. Run a drag radial instead of a bias slick it will feel better at the end of the track and not move around. I first drove a guys bracket car when i was 22 years old, that was 33 years ago. It had slicks and scared me moving around, it went 7.52 around 90 mph back then..

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just my opinion but I wouldn't quit because somebody else runs faster than me, theres a alot of cars faster than me, (alot of power adder cars, mine's NA).. I learned along time ago there is always somebody more faster or has more money than me.. I don't or try to not chase a ET number.. That can get real expensive. I have a ET goal in my head of what ever car I have and work to get to that goal, some of the cars I've had make it some don't, but I still have fun.. When it quits being fun then I'm done, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.. https://www.trifive.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Just my opinion but I wouldn't quit because somebody else runs faster than me, theres a alot of cars faster than me, (alot of power adder cars, mine's NA).. I learned along time ago there is always somebody more faster or has more money than me.. I don't or try to not chase a ET number.. That can get real expensive. I have a ET goal in my head of what ever car I have and work to get to that goal, some of the cars I've had make it some don't, but I still have fun.. When it quits being fun then I'm done, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.. https://www.trifive.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif
Well I didn't really speak the truth the first sentence, mostly the second sentence. I was just going to beat my own times, and when that stopped happening, and after putting on some new (crappy) heads when my ET's didn't improve, that, and the fishtailing was enough for me. The fishtailing was pretty bad. In fact my very last run was by myself, and if someone had been in the left lane, I would have had to let off because I ended up almost over in the other lane. I wasn't having fun. I wasn't hooking, and I was afraid of how it would handle at the finish if it was hooking. So if I ever do anything to give it more power, then I may get some different slicks. I had some M/T's picked out with a stiffer sidewall. Or street slicks, they are pricey, but it's nice not having to have to change them back and forth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts