Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to bring your attention to a book I just finished that might be a fun and meaningful read to many of you on this board.

What happens when two would be but hapless teenage mechanics try to overhaul a broken down '57 Chevy to keep up with all the new muscle cars at their high school back in 1969? What happens when a strange series of events brings them back together after 30 years? The Groove Project is a true story of two boys whose lives took remarkably different roads after that rebuilding effort and how their experience drew them back together just in time. (Your wives might enjoy reading it as much as you; at least it will help them understand us!).

Here are some links:

Amazon: http://tiny.cc/lsf2x

Kindle: http://tiny.cc/2opp5

Facebook fan page: http://tiny.cc/dvyap

Thanks for your interest. I hope you enjoy the book.

Thanks.

·
Registered
67,447 Posts
:hello: hi ya and welcome. good to have you here. looks like a good read. will check it out, thanks. ..............:stupido2: are you the author or just read it?

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,382 Posts
I am the author -- and one of the hapless mechanics!
Ah - I suspected you were somehow involved, being this was your first post. Good luck with the book. I'll have to check it out now, thanks for sharing. -Any thoughts on building another 55? You'd have a lot of support here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah - I suspected you were somehow involved, being this was your first post. Good luck with the book. I'll have to check it out now, thanks for sharing. -Any thoughts on building another 55? You'd have a lot of support here.
Getting involved with overhauling a TriFive (mine was a '57) would be my wife's worst nightmare. As example, here is an excerpt from the book where we had just come back from a car show and she was asking what a '57 Chevy looked like:

I gingerly slide the black-and-white photo out of the album, and take the basement steps two at a time to the main floor. My wife Carol is still at the kitchen table flipping through a magazine. I push the mail to one side and slide the snapshot in front of her.

“There,” I say, tapping the photo with my finger. “That’s what they look like.”

Carol puts down the magazine and passes her fingers carefully over the glossy image of The Beast shouldered against the curb in front of my parent’s country club house. She gently picks at a few spots as if they are not real—the jutting exhaust pipes, the chrome moon hubcaps on the front wheels, the jacked-up suspension, the mag wheels with the thick tires in back—then looks up at me like I am some kind of stranger.

“I never would have gone out with you if you had shown up in this car.”

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Sounds like an intresting story... Not much of a book guy these days, will wait for the movie... Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
groove project

You Can sign up at Barnes and Noble and get the book downloaded to the soft ware on your comp. or laptop

They only charge $7.99 total for the download and you can use it from any of your computers.

They wouldn't let me download it to my Canadian address so i found an old receipt from Napa in Oregon and use that address. I didn't need the address because i was downloading it. I also paid no tax because Oregon is tax free.

Any questions just ask Peter

1 - 18 of 18 Posts