Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy that is trying to sell me a almost new carb ( Used Once ) and i would like to see if any of anyone has used this carb before and what are your opinions.

I am putting it on my 454 engine.

He wants 300.00 for it.

Otis

·
Registered
141 Posts
Barry Grant

Do you Know the size? Its a little over half Price if it's big enough. the 132-5423010V is the size you want for a street 454 with good heads headers intake and high perf cam. If you don't run a High perf cam 132-5402010V is the Best Street setup for the buck out there. They are easy to tune and cool to look at. Vacuum secondaries keeps the Mileage more up and the power ranges close to stock. They will make a lot of power for their CFM I wouldn't buy Bigger than I need that may be why it's for sale.

·
Registered
141 Posts
It will have the ability to go to 550 HP on a street 454 easy enough . It has Mechanical secondaries so it will Kick Butt In a Heart beat when you floor it . The down side is no Choke so it will leave you Pumping the throttle to keep it running on cold starts and Mech secondaries use more fuel when you cruise where the Secondaries start kicking in.

·
Registered
113 Posts
that carbs not made for part throttle cruising, if thats your main objective pass on it, if full throttle blasts are what your after, it would be fun ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts