Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope everyone has had a good holiday season and off to a great new year.
I've been pretty quiet on here as of late....but all for a very good reason.

Cold Case Radiators is proud to announce its new line of aluminum radiator support modules. Each module comes fully assembled and ready to bolt into your vehicle.

They consist of an aluminum radiator support, big 1.25” tube dual core cross flow radiator, dual 2800 cfm fan and shroud combination, billet cap and billet overflow tank.

Available in either standard Chevrolet outlet configurations or LS outlet configurations they are 100% TIG welded and polished for a show stopping appearance and backed by our limited lifetime warranty and 60-day cool guarantee.

These new radiator supports modules feature:
• Complete modular unit fully assembled ready to install
• Extra forward design will clear Big Block and LS front drives
• 100% tig welded
• Polished aluminum finish
• 2 row design with 1.25” tubes
• Available in standard Chevy or LS configurations
• Includes dual 14” 2800cfm fan and shroud combination setup
• Easy to install even in finished cars
• Optional AC condenser and electronic fan controller upgrades

https://www.coldcaseradiators.com/products/category/radiator-supports

We have 55 and 56 units due to ship in February and 57 units due to ship in March. Contact me if you'd like to reserve your kit today!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,204 Posts
followed the link and looked ar the listings. it would be better if the pictures were bigger and there were pictures that show the options like the single and dual pass trans coolers. Price seems a tad high too. I would thin without any options 1750 would be a reasonable price.

·
Vendor
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
followed the link and looked ar the listings. it would be better if the pictures were bigger and there were pictures that show the options like the single and dual pass trans coolers. Price seems a tad high too. I would thin without any options 1750 would be a reasonable price.
We right now only have sample prototypes so we can't get too close pictures with them. Better ones will come for sure, don't worry.
Pictures of upgrades are now added!

Keep in mind, pricing will always be better through our dealer network. They will be listing for $1975. We think that is very reasonable for a fully polished kit, considering the other units out there. We also have show pricing so there is really no need to pay the listed price. :D

·
Registered
65,768 Posts
kkkkkkkkk

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,279 Posts
Whenever I hear custom radiator, I think the lack of clearance between it and the hood latch on a 55....Has this set-up been tested on a 55 and has an A/C condenser been attached as well?

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
From the photo, it appears the condenser is included in the package... so it's a competitor for all the other companies producing similar items. Most are more expensive in polished form...

PS. Is that a lifetime warrantee on the radiator against leaks?

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
49,279 Posts
From the photo, it appears the condenser is included in the package.
Okay...Thanks Gary....See it now....Still have to wonder if the unit has actually been tried in a 55.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Looks like a nicely put together unit. I hope the aluminium support panel is as strong as the original. It’s amazing how much of the front end is supported off the radiator support panel.

·
Official Trifive Sponsor
238 Posts
A couple of points to add here;

1. I have to get a confirmation from my product manager, but our 12" fans pull 2800 cfm. So I'm almost positive we'll be up around 3500 cfm with these new 14" fans.

2. Price wise, we were very careful to analyze the competition. Even if you are buying some no name brand off of Ebay, by the time you add up all their 'extras' they are the same or more expensive than Cold Case.

3. None of the competition provides a full support with dual 1 1/4" tubes let alone in this price range.

4. As far as quality and engineering, we didn't reinvent the wheel on these kits. We teamed up with one of the most well respected radiator support builders in the industry. We took tried and true long standing engineered products and added our production capability to give you a high quality, readily available, in stock product line. The only downside is that we don't do custom orders.

Lastly, I think Cold Case has proven additional value through the lifetime warranty, the way we treat our customers and through our support of the tri-five forums.

·
Official Trifive Sponsor
238 Posts
What are the measurements of both the radiator and shroud, thanks.
There's quite a few measurements we could offer. What exactly are you thinking about? You thinking about depth clearance? If yes, All kits are in the 6 cylinder position and also designed with a 1.5" forward adjustment to create maximum space between the motor and the radiator.

·
Vendor
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From the photo, it appears the condenser is included in the package... so it's a competitor for all the other companies producing similar items. Most are more expensive in polished form...

PS. Is that a lifetime warrantee on the radiator against leaks?
Yes lifetime on the radiator.
The condenser is optional.
Yes all years tested for latch clearance.

·
Official Trifive Sponsor
238 Posts
What are the measurements of both the radiator and shroud, thanks.
Radiator overall
L 31.75
H 16.75
T 3.125

Radiator core:
L 27.5
H 16.75
T 2 1.25" tubes

Radiator thickness between fans = 4.125 Radiator thickness to fan motor= 5.75
However, the entire core support and radiator is pushed forward almost 2" and 90% of the radiator and fan assembly mounts on the grill side of the core support so it can clear most problematic big block and LS installations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts