Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good afternoon,
in the spirit of sharing our passion for TriFive chebies, here are a few of my updates that I have put on the Five Seven 150. First is the completed dash with new 1959 Impala steering wheel, new ball milled dash inserts, new brushed aluminum looking (I know, it's steel, but it looks like aluminum after putting clear over it) Ididit steering column to replace the tilt that I returned to KZracing, and finally the exciting addition of new Dakota Digital gauges...all set up and doing their job..

And just for fun, as these cars are for fun and run, I added a couple of guards to the interior...the front little guy nods his approval running down the road..."Yes, I like driving my Chevy, too, Spot"

Then in the package tray, I added a white furry "attack" Kitty and a model of my 150 for show...

"Attack" Kitty has lighted eyes when you step on the brake, or like me, eyes get red when you mess with his car...:sign0020:
[/URL]

Last, but not least, my completed engine compartment. I would love to have it as clean as some of you guys, and may do so in the future (I think of BelairV8 and his 56), but it's what I will run until I get a plan to reroute some wiring. :shakehands:

Hope you enjoy the pics, as we are always working on our cars. Next comes the trunk upholstery that I have all the pieces, just finding the time...Happy Tri Fiving....bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Wow, nice job. No wonder you are selling your original gauges.

Is that fuel on the bottom of the left gauge under the voltmeter? It is reading 26, how does that work? Gallons??

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,714 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
The new dash area looks great!!!

·
Registered
67,743 Posts
beautiful mike, nice job. you did good. lots of stuff (dog, dice, kitty, even the white fur on the rear) we use to put on them back in the day. nice touches. :tu

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Last, but not least, my completed engine compartment. I would love to have it as clean as some of you guys, and may do so in the future (I think of BelairV8 and his 56), but it's what I will run until I get a plan to reroute some wiring. :shakehands:
Hey Mike, thanks for the compliment... I overlooked it the first time I read the thread!

Jeff

·
Administrator
66,133 Posts
I`m really liking the air cleaner being used, your upgrades are :tu

The dash sure lights up, no problem seeing all of those readings :congrats:

BTW the cat with the red eyes would keep any tailgators off ya :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
ididit steering column

hpnelson,

I noticed something while looking at your thread, and thought I should give some assistance. the column in the pictures is not brushed aluminum, it is bare paintable steel and will eventually rust. I would encourage you to get that column painted asap as it is bare steel and will rust. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know.

Kyle Sutherland
Sales
ididit Incorporated
610 S. Maumee St.
Tecumseh, MI 49286
Ph. 517-424-0577
Fax 517-424-7293

ididit’s got a brand spankin’ NEW website!
Go to www.ididitinc.com and check it out today!

:flag6:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, nice job. No wonder you are selling your original gauges.

Is that fuel on the bottom of the left gauge under the voltmeter? It is reading 26, how does that work? Gallons??
No,
I think that means % left the tank....tank is only a 20 gallon tank...you have to program the computer which sender it is...course, OEM is GM30, so you pick that and it gives you a % left in the tank...I'm about 1/4 full at the picture taken....Gauges anyone?:sign0020::shakehands:bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hpnelson,

I noticed something while looking at your thread, and thought I should give some assistance. the column in the pictures is not brushed aluminum, it is bare paintable steel and will eventually rust. I would encourage you to get that column painted asap as it is bare steel and will rust. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know.

Kyle Sutherland
Sales
ididit Incorporated
610 S. Maumee St.
Tecumseh, MI 49286
Ph. 517-424-0577
Fax 517-424-7293

ididit’s got a brand spankin’ NEW website!
Go to www.ididitinc.com and check it out today!

:flag6:
Kyle,
got you covered....I covered the metal with clear coat of lacquer to give the look of brushed aluminum. It won't rust, but looks great as is....thanks for your concern.:shakehands:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
beautiful mike, nice job. you did good. lots of stuff (dog, dice, kitty, even the white fur on the rear) we use to put on them back in the day. nice touches. :tu
Exactly, Carl...
wanted this to have some period pieces...we remember those furry package trays, fuzzy dice and bobbling headed dogs...."where were you in '62?" :sign0020:....(American Graffiti !)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts