Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eckler's sent me a new catalog today but after looking at one item I think I'm going throw the catalog away. One bling item I was looking at went from $319 to $389. Guess I can't afford to buy from them anymore. They must think we all own gold or diamond mines. Don't they know we aren't getting any pay raises?? Sorry Eckler's but your catalog is gone!!::eek::eek::eek:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,366 Posts
Not trying to support Eckler's.....However, they are supposed to have a lowest price guarantee....Don't buy much from them either....So I've not challenged them on it....See Link: http://www.classicchevy.com/guarantee/

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've been a member for years...but due to there poor customer service,i only use them as a last resort.....east coast chevy and mutton hollow for me.:)

·
Registered
36,118 Posts
DON'T throw it away!

You need that catalog to know what's on the market. And to know when you're getting a better deal elsewhere. Just don't buy everything there.

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
DON'T throw it away!

You need that catalog to know what's on the market. And to know when you're getting a better deal elsewhere. Just don't buy everything there.
:tu right on
great reference !

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,366 Posts

·
Registered
66,287 Posts
i spread the wealth. will look for best price. :party0031:

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I just

Don't have access to my catalogs right now....However, here's one I found with a Google search: http://www.autoanything.com/billet-grilles/77A1723A2467407.aspx?kc=ffsku

ordered 1! My parts guy says he's "looked everywhere" for a supplier for a billet grill.. Now, I'll show him this link...
Got the "welcome" 10% off, and they paid the Fed-x ground on it.. $158.00 to the door. Beats that $500 for a repop...

Thanks Pops, for the link!:party0031:
NEXT: Find a supplier for the good, 1 pc tail lite lenses, for my led lites!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I too like to spread the wealth!! I've had trouble with several companies. Look around find the best deal and go for it. Customer service is the key ingredient...!!!:D

TV

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Not trying to support Eckler's.....However, they are supposed to have a lowest price guarantee....Don't buy much from them either....So I've not challenged them on it....See Link: http://www.classicchevy.com/guarantee/

100% not true.

And they told me if I could find the same part cheaper............ buy it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
100% not true.

And they told me if I could find the same part cheaper............ buy it.
I don't have much respect for a low price guarantee offer. I feel if a company has the lower price for the same product then they have earned my business at least for that purchase. I never go back to another vendor and ask them to match someone else's price. I am willing to pay a slightly higher price for a company that provides knowledge and after purchase service.

I also try to spread the wealth based on price, quality and whether they have the part in stock or not.

Todd

·
Premium Member
15,216 Posts

Aside from their poor customer service their prices are just out of whack. Why would they not just price their parts at a more competitive price in the first place. :rolleyes:

-Bruce

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
FYI...

BEWARE:

The www.autoanything.com billet grille is marketed by Carriage Works, Grandview MO.
So far I've gotten 2 of them...Not really sure if they are for a 55 Chevy, or a 58 Edsel!
[Last 1 I just unpacked has 14 brackets, 16 c-nuts, and 8 allen head bolts in the "kit"]...:confused0006:
I just got off the fone w/ them. They are still trying to figure out what I've received. [For the second time.]

I swear, MURPHY is a permanent part of my family....:mad:
1:banghead:after another! If it isn't the bozo at the body shop, it's parts that don't fit.:rolleyes:

Will post the results after the fone call tag has subsided.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts