Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright! im getting brand new chrome exhaust manifolds and i have a few questions. Would I okay getting manifolds with a 2.5 inch outlet and then have an exhaust shop attach it to the rest of my stock 2" exhaust? Do the crossover pipes on stock dual exhaust systems really do enough to justify getting them? and how universal are exhaust manifold flanges, because the 2" ones i have currently wont fit the budget.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,798 Posts
Are you referring to 2 1/2" rams horns?

·
52,798 Posts

·
52,798 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
52,798 Posts

·
52,798 Posts
I'm 99.9 % sure that they will fit.....The specs that are listed should help you.

·
Registered
13,434 Posts

yea i suppose except they dont have the generator mount.
I bought that set on ebay for $125 and they were excellent.
Yes, you can use 2" pipes with them no problem. I used 2 1/4" pipes with mine though.

And btw, they use standard header collectors. You can buy header collectors for any pipe size you are going to use.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Do the crossover pipes on stock dual exhaust systems really do enough to justify getting them?
If you are referring to a "H" crossover pipe, maybe.

If the engine you're running is stock and the mufflers are stock, then I would not spend the money.

The "H" pipe helps to balance the pulsation's from each bank of the engine and reduce's the rapping sound that you get with a high performance engine and straight through mufflers (like glasspacks). There will be a slight increase in torque under those conditions. But not much with a stock setup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts