Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I screwed the front lower 1/4 on today just to see if it was going to fit and it does.Bloody Knuckles is going to try to come over tomorrow and weld the 1/4s and rockers on.:congrats::congrats:
I do need the doohickeys that go in the front of the rockers that the bottom of the fenders bolt onto.Anyone know what the doohickeys are called & where I can get them?

I bought the 1/4 from Mill Supply for under $80. shipped.Paid for the 1/4 on the 10th and got it on the 15th.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
I will be cutting the ones off the delivery ,but , It wont be for a few weeks. I am changing the whole cowl and my other cowl has them on it so I dont need they delivery ones. I can cut them off before I toss the rotted cowl . Tim

·
Registered
35 Posts
OF, Try to get some originals from someone. I bought a pair from one of the major suppliers and ended up tossing them after several hours of trying to make them work. They were not even close. I ended up cutting my originals out of the old rockers.

·
Premium Member
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be cutting the ones off the delivery ,but , It wont be for a few weeks. I am changing the whole cowl and my other cowl has them on it so I dont need they delivery ones. I can cut them off before I toss the rotted cowl . Tim
Thanks Tim.It'll be kinda neat to have some of the delivery parts on this car:party0031:
I knew that the dash was rusted but did not know that the cowl was also rusted.Did you find more rust when you removed the windshield?
I hope that you are still happy w/the SD.I told you about all of the problems that I knew about.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks Tim.It'll be kinda neat to have some of the delivery parts on this car:party0031:
I knew that the dash was rusted but did not know that the cowl was also rusted.Did you find more rust when you removed the windshield?
I hope that you are still happy w/the SD.I told you about all of the problems that I knew about.
I am very happy with the delivery. So dont worry . I love challenges. Besides , I got my dream car for what I feel was a good price. Now I just need to build it.If you need them peices sooner I can try to get them off for you this weekend . I would hate to toss something that can help someone. Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.