Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old replacement grill was finally put to rest yesterday, sent to "old grill heaven".

I bought a new piece from these guys <http://www.autoanything.com/billet-grilles/61A1723A0A0A2337467.aspx>.

Free shipping and 10% off brought it to me for $157.

I'm not a big fan of the billet look that was popular in the 90's and early 2000's but I thought this one looked good and the price was right.

It came well packed and very quickly. Instructions were fair, the pictures could have been better but I muddled thru. You have to take the sides and bottom of your grill surround off to install your new grill. Just getting the old one off was a treat but I got it done and it allowed me to get all the paint overspray and crap from the last re-paint off the chrome.

You've got to drill a bunch of new holes for the new brackets and use some of the old holes too, you have to save all your old nuts, you'll need them (good advice in life!).

After some trial and error I got it in and it looks great, I'll post some picks when I get my digital camera up and running again (another story!!)

Anyway, I thought I'd pass this on, it really freshened up the frone end of my 55. I have a California 1 piece bumper with no bumper guards, stainless caps over the bumper guard indents, and no Chevy hood emblem, just the bird.With the new grill it looks very clean, if I do say so myself.:happy0030:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Get that camera going, we needs some pics!!! That sounds like a really cool five five.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
;amin_111;Wheres the pics Please and thank you Later, Dave

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I used the Autoanything grille...Didn't like the "mount the trim to the inner fender" idea.. Used the original grill frame w/ the insides cut out...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts