Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Y'all! I found this site while searching for information about resto rodding a 55 Bel Air 2dr post I bought in the spring. What a great site!!! There is a wealth of valuable information here. So far, I've removed the body, installed Williams motor mounts (found out about them here) and a new transmission x-member, removed all of the suspension components, ordered and received new Moog suspension parts, built a rotisserie, put the frame on it, repaired some extra bolt holes in the frame, sandblasted control arms and drag link, and am prepping to sandblast the frame now. Any other Arkansas folks here?

Attachments

·
Registered
66,306 Posts
:hello: hi ya and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro.

·
Registered
177 Posts
welcome i'm from el dorado and have a 55 that i haven't got that much done to in the 14 years iv'e had it, but it has been parked inside and out of the weather, just actually started on it late last year. now waiting for some cooler weather, work in it all day long and have trouble wanting to be in it when i get home.where in arkansas are you from?

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive... :anim_25:with the 55... Later, Dave

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
:sign0016: to Trifive.com. I'm not in Arkansas nor from Arkansas... But my '57 is from Arkansas. Found it there towed it home to Ca and restored her. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Hi rwlane!

welcome i'm from el dorado and have a 55 that i haven't got that much done to in the 14 years iv'e had it, but it has been parked inside and out of the weather, just actually started on it late last year. now waiting for some cooler weather, work in it all day long and have trouble wanting to be in it when i get home.where in arkansas are you from?
Nice to hear from a fellow Razorback. I live 8 miles outside of Lamar about 25miles from Russellville. I've been trying to tough out the hot weather. I'm retired so I've been able to work on the '55 most days lately from 6ish until it gets too hot for me - usually about mid-day. I'm way past ready for some cool weather.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
:sign0016: to Trifive.com. I'm not in Arkansas nor from Arkansas... But my '57 is from Arkansas. Found it there towed it home to Ca and restored her. :D
Hi belairrudy! Isn't it interesting how cars criss-cross the country? According to the VIN plate my '55 was built in Sacramento. I was told by the most recent previous owner that it driven here some 35 years ago when a guy moved his wife and kids here in it from California.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome

I from Arkansas but have moved to California about 5 years ago. Im back for the summer to visit family.

I have a 57 I will be starting on with I get back this fall. Picture will be posted asap.

Good luck with your project.

Rocketman

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.