Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm Juan and I'm new and not sure if I'm posting in the right area. I'm looking to buy a tri-five and not sure exactly what to look for. I'm looking at a 56 210 with a 327 and 4 speed. What are major things I should look at when buying a tri-five. Not my first classic car. Any info greatly appreciated and if I posted in the wrong section I apologize.

·
Premium Member
15,575 Posts
Hey Juan, I would say rust issues are the one that can cost a ton of dough to fix. The problem area are the bottoms of the front fenders right in front of the doors, the rear quarters right behind the front doors. Right under the doors are the rocker panels. Check them for hidden rust. Look at the underneath of the car and look at all the braces and floor pans. Right above the rear bumper and the inside of the trunk in that same area. The best thing to do is try to find a friend that knows something about these cars and have him help inspect it. Good luck on your search.

·
Administrator
66,671 Posts
Hey Juan, I would say rust issues are the one that can cost a ton of dough to fix. The problem area are the bottoms of the front fenders right in front of the doors, the rear quarters right behind the front doors. Right under the doors are the rocker panels. Check them for hidden rust. Look at the underneath of the car and look at all the braces and floor pans. Right above the rear bumper and the inside of the trunk in that same area. The best thing to do is try to find a friend that knows something about these cars and have him help inspect it. Good luck on your search.
You hit that one on the head :anim_25:

·
Registered
68,228 Posts
bring a magnet too. :anim_25:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,837 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information guys. Read through the how to buy a Tri-five forum and it was a great help. Now I know where to look and what to look for.
:tu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts