Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
new guy with an old family friend. 70's survivor ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!

Hey guys

first post and just want to introduce myself and my old family friend.

its mine and my sons 57. My dad handed the keys over to us last month after not moving under its own power since 1989. He built the car in 68 after buying it from a friend of his that was using it for a chicken house.

He joined the Nomad club back in the 70's and for years drove the wheels off of it. I was handed the keys in 86 and drove it for a couple of years to high school. Parked in 89 with what he believed was a blown head gasket. I pulled the plugs of the engine yesterday ad theres no signs of the blown head gasket on the plugs nor is the motor stuck.

Im going to tune her up next week and see what happens..

The plan is to get it running and stopping in order to drive it to the lonestar round-up next april. then go through it completely and hand it over to my son. I'm the 3rd owner....

for now heres the pics

engine is out of one of my dads old stock cars...

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Welcome from another TEXAN!!!! Great story. I'll see you at Lone Star if not sooner. :)

·
Premium Member
13,073 Posts
:sign0016: and keep postin pics,,,,looks like a nice solid car ,,,how about some inside pics -----:blowtiedb:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
saw your pictures on another forum. looks to be a good start!

welcome to the club:beerglass:

I got your email, sorry if I havent written back as the gate does need straightening but that will be down the rode. You do awesome work and I will be in touch...

Thanks ACRADON. I cant wait!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:sign0016: and keep postin pics,,,,looks like a nice solid car ,,,how about some inside pics -----:blowtiedb:

I added one but its getting dark so I'll roll it out tomorrow and get some better pics of the interior

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi rat and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. cool looking nomad. great of your dad to give you and your kids the 57. have fun with it and let us know how everything turns out.

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
I like your friend very much. Any chance she could come visit a few of her Trifive relatives here online? Good luck getting her on the road.

KINGS X 56

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Welcome aboard!!:sign0016:

Great looking Nomad!! Keep us posted.

Glad you found us:D

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Welcome from one Lone Star State member to another. Will see you at the Lone Star Roundup next April!!

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016: to trifive rat:shakehands: Have fun with the 57... Later, Dave

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,392 Posts
Very cool. :tu
The slot wheels were very popular in the 70s. I have the same wheels that came with my Chevy, purchased in the 70's.
Good luck with the project and welcome!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts