Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One owner, car stored in Perfect conditions and not driven in Rain, snow, stored all of its life covered in garage under climate control, the car is all original, very rarely “waxed” owner blew it off now and then, it was buffed out in 1972, has perfect vent tubes, factory undercoat (per dealer) all chrome is original all gold trim original So called all numbers matching. ( I was never really a believer in that) I even have NOS cans of wax and all paper work original, where the Jack went I have no idea??

·
Registered
67,743 Posts
hi Oscar and welcome. good to have you here. sweet 57!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi I mentioned about “factory” undercoating, in quotes, this was purchased at the dealer before the car was delivered to the new owner, as opposed to taking the car home and having an independent company apply the undercoating, and while it was not applied in the actual factory it was installed by an authorized Chevy dealer, there has been a lot of contention in the judging area as to whether or not it is considered “Original”

·
Registered
Nomads 55-57,69Z28-RS,72ElCamino, Corvette(5)
8,541 Posts
Hi I mentioned about “factory” undercoating, in quotes, this was purchased at the dealer before the car was delivered to the new owner, as opposed to taking the car home and having an independent company apply the undercoating, and while it was not applied in the actual factory it was installed by an authorized Chevy dealer, there has been a lot of contention in the judging area as to whether or not it is considered “Original”
Dealer installed items (undercoating included) are not factory original... it's misleading to say it is...

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,800 Posts
Hi there and welcome to Tri-five.com from New Zealand

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,161 Posts
Any Item the dealer installed that were available at the time these cars were produced and sold as new would be considered correct. Most options and accessories were dealer
installed. It is how they made their money.

On your car, the day/night mirror and spinners on the hub caps were usually dealer installed just like the undercoating/sealer/sound deadener. The outside rear view mirrors and
bumper guards are also dealer installed All had a number that would have been on the dealer invoice to the new buyer.

Nice car, however some one has been in the engine bay with spray cans.

Mikey

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.