Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm Zach, I'm 17 and am from central Georgia. I don't have a tri-five yet, but I'm looking for one. I'm currently searching for a '55 2-door post in the Southeast (more than likely in Georgia or Alabama.) It was my dad's old one. He grew up in Columbus GA, right on the Alabama line. I know it's a really long shot trying to find his car. Does anyone know of a way to search for this car, I've already called local junk yards. Any help or advice on finding this car would be greatly appreciated! While not a tri-five, I have a '70 Chevelle. I got it when I was 14 and my dad helped me restore it.

Here are some pics from '78 that I thought were cool.

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
I wish I knew the answer, But what you can do since you have pictures, is to get another 55 like your fathers and restore it to be identical to your fathers car.

otis

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Welcome Zach, Good luck on finding you Dad's old "55. Good to see another Young Gun interested in Trifives. I got a 17 yr old grandson likes 'em almost as much as I do, only he wants a hot rod while I'm more to original driver. Anyway hope you find that old '55 of your Dad's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. If I can't find my dad's I will eventually find another '55, but it would be that much cooler if it was my dad's. Is there any way I can do a search using the licence plate number? I don't have the VIN and the DMV doesn't hand out info like they used to.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
You may be able to check with DMV to see if they can give you the VIN from the old registration, but all these privacy laws now make it very hard to track something down like that unless you are Law Enforcement.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hey Zach.....Glad you joined us!Perhaps just the right project will find you while you're searching for Dad's old ride!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Welcome Zach!
Good luck on your search for your dad's '55. Without the vehicles VIN #, it would be difficult to find. If, by chance, you have an old registration slip to the car including the VIN.......I may be able to help. You can send it to me in a PM. Keep in mind......if we can locate the current owner, and you approach him, there are "right to know, need to know" laws where people can get in trouble.

Otherwise.....there are many Tri Fives for sale everyday in all conditions and prices. Check the internet daily. Happy Hunting! Happy holidays!!!!!

Tom

·
Administrator
49,351 Posts
Welcome to the site Zach. Hope you find your dads old 55. I would like to build a 55 in the future like the one my dad owned when he and my mom were dating.
Terry

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome to the site Zach, I think that's really cool that you are trying to locate your dad's old 55. I was also influenced at a very young age by my dad with his 55 BelAir 2 dr hardtop and I knew that someday I would have one of my own. Well I managed to get a 57 and then my dad got a 57 too so now we are fixing ours up at the same time it's awesome.

Sincerely,
Dave Twin Blown 57:D

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Welcome Zach. I too agree it's nice to see another young gun into tri 5's. Most your age don't know what they are looking at when they see one. Good luck on locating your dad's 55. I think hitting tri 5 sites is a great place to start. It will be way cool if you do locate it. Stranger things have happened.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.