Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just a qiuck note to say hello. I just found this site and finally became the new owner of a 57 Bel Air that I`ve known for about 35years. It took me the last 5 years to get it ...but now it`s mine !!! 2dr H/T 78,000 orignal miles, from the orignal owners I`ve known for 45years. Man what a lucky guy I am...it`s been waiting for me ...sitting inside for the last 28years undriven ...what a jewel....Can`t wait to meet you all...I`ve heard tons of good things about this site !!! Hope to meet you all soon.

Mrfixit143
(AKA : Jim )

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Welcome

Welcome Jim AKA MrFixit (like that screen name):p , Congrats on your "new" 57 HT. :cool: welcome to the site looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing pictures of your ride.:D Jump on in and join the fun.:p

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome! With a name like MrFixit, can we assume you're familiar with fixing cars, or not?

Sounds like you have a GREAT car!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Welcome Jim!
We're all lucky to own one of these classics! What are your plans? Resto? Pro-touring? Pro-Street? Hot rod? Everything here is cool! Have fun...Happy Holiday's!!!!!!

Tom (55fazzi)

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Congrats and welcome Jim. Two questions: First, does the original owner know you have the car now? And second, do the police need to get involved? Kidding, welcome aboard.!! John

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like you are a VERY PATIENT man! I'll bet the wait was worth it!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A few answers

Hi all,

First , Thanks for the warm welcome! Just a few answers to the questions you all had for me. Yes, the orignal owner knows I have it, I`ve known the folks since I was about 10 yrs old. I`m going to do a frame off on it as well . It was killing me waiting for the car but I knew I had to have it. I`m also glad that you noticed my screen name , as I do know alittle somthing about cars. I`ve been working at a ( FORD ) dealer for over 23yrs. There is always something broke on those cars!!! I have already done a resto on a few cars in the family. I own a 72 Monte Carlo ( origanal ) that I did a resto on. Also, a 70 Chevelle SS and a 75 Duster both of which I did for my bro -in law. If I can help anyone at any time PLEASE ask and I`ll do my best to help anyway possible. I started on the car today and I`m already getting closer to being done . I can`t wait to drive it ....I can`t stop smiling at all.

Thanks Aagain,
Mrfixit143

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.