Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum, but NOT to Tri-Fives! My first car was a '57 210 2-door sedan. Although I don't have that car, I still own a 210 2-door, plus have a 9-passenger wagon project. The 57 Chevrolet is truly my favorite car of all time, and I would never be without one parked in my garage.

I'm posting today to see if anyone knows a source for the differential bolts that secure the diff to the axle. I pulled the diff on my 57 this weekend to replace the axle bearings, and a couple of the lower nuts were stubborn to remove: the ends of the bolts had taken some damage from rocks or whatever over the years.

I'm having trouble getting the nut back onto the lowest one, and have thought about getting a die and chasing the threads, but would rather just replace the whole stud. But I have no idea where to get replacements.

Rick in Georgia

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
First of all - Welcome to trifive. Take a bolt to a hardware store to match it up with new ones. While your at it replace the old washers with new copper washers.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,288 Posts

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016: to trifive Rick:wavey: :anim_25:with the 57's... Later, Dave

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
yup, "east coast chevy, `ol55" in doylestown, pa. ask for jack. tell him dave, the bethlehem firfighter sent ya!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the tip about East Coast -- called them, and they set me up! Nice guys! They saved the day for me!

Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.