Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Danchucks light switch for 55's has a way different blade connect pattern than my [original ? ]. Also the original knob shaft is triangular and the female on the new switch has a round hole with one flat side. Anyone know what I have that I thought was original? I have some photos in my phone but haven't figured out how to post them yet. My old one used a block connection w/6 slots used. I don't see an Icon waving a white flag, yet.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,084 Posts
Yes, it sounds like your 55 had a 57 light switch and has a 57 wiring connector. A 57 switch has a triangular shaft and does not have a fuse on it like the 55/56 switch does.
This drawing shows both types of switches. The 55/56 is the top one (right hand drive), the 57 under it. ....http://www.trifive.com/garage/57%20Chevy%20Assembly%20Manual/12-8.gif

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had the laptop in the garage and the battery went south. No numbers but it is a Delco Remy. Don it looks similar to the one on the top drawing but mine has 3 blades like this _ _ _ nearest to the knob. I just saw one on ebay that is nearly identical and it is a GM replica. No year given but I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for the responses I'll post the cure if it is one for possible future reference.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just in case someone needs a light switch for a 55-57. Danchuck sent one that didn't work in my 55 [ mine was probably a replacement]. I found one on Ebay, "Fatrodder's Rod parts" item #380294718051 and it's only $17.95 plus s&h. Fit my wire harness perfect and came with shaft and Billet knob. Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for all your feedback over the past few months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts