Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just became a new member. The reason is that I am starting to look into getting a 1956 Chevy Bel Air two door hardtop. My interest is to have a completely stock exterior and interior but to to install a 350 ci engine with a 5 speed transmission. Also I would like to add disc brakes in all four wheels and A/C. I am just starting to look. It will probably take me a while; I want to take my time to see what options I can get. It will be preferably one that is totally restored with the 350 ci engine and a 4 to 5 speed transmission. I can then take out the engine and get it to about 400 hp. I do my own work with my friend an ex Daytona Porsche professional driver. I am a retired engineer that loves to work on vintage cars.

I currently own a 1959 Corvette Fuel injection 290 hp all original. It was a three year project that we finished late last year. I also own a 1997 Porsche 911 all original with 42,000 miles. In addition I own a extremely rare 1957 Victoria Avanti a German Motorcycle that was a three year restoration project. Now a ran out of things to do to my toys thus my starting to look for a new project 1956 Chevy Bel Air two door hard top. The only thing that might hold me back is that I need to have a three point seat belt system as the 1956 will be my daily driver. I do need the safety of the seat belt. My Corvette only has the two point seat belt and I am not very comfortable with it but I only drive it some Sundays.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greg,
I love your Nomad. Beautiful car and color. I use to go to Fort Collins often for business. Love that part of the country. My main concern with the 56 Belair are the seat belts. That might be a deal breaker.

Roberto

Premium Member
Hi & welcome.

Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi there and welcome to Tri-five.com from New Zealand

Registered
ho Roberto and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. good time to get one, i think its a buyers market out there. good luck.

Registered
Welcome. The seat belts are doable. Much easier with a 2 dr sedan than a hardtop, but still doable. Do a search, and you鈥檒l see what folks have come up with

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.