Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,884 Posts
Welcome to Tri-Five and best of luck finding that 56 you're looking for. We're glad to have you here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I want to thank all of you for your warm welcome. It makes me feel great and I am looking forward to being a member of this forum. I am at the early stage of planning. I do know that I want a 1956 Belair hardtop. My intentions are to drop in a 383 ci high horsepower engine and a five speed transmission. It is going to take me a while because I need to do a lot of research on what is available and what I want as a final product. Currently I am busy with my Porsche and the Corvette fixing some problems. I have to coordinate with my friend how we are going to to this, modify an existing engine or get a new crate one etc.
My motorcycle, Corvette and Porsche are all original. I wanted to keep them 100% original. I am going to try on the 56 the Restomod way. However I will like to keep the exterior and the interior all original including the wheels.
My main concern as I stated above is the safety of the seatbelts. With some of your suggestions I think I have a viable solution. I looked at my Porsche which is convertible and also I looked at some Mustang convertibles and how the solve the problem. I think you can use the Porsche or the mustang set up and adapt it to the 56. I will post some pictures.
Does any one have a photo of the rear interior without the covers. I will like to look at it to see how the seat belt can be adapted. It will be the wall next to the back seat without the cover showing the metal frame..

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.