Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Fist post here. I have a friend who wants me to help sell his 57 210 rust free, 2 door (no post), 3-on-the-tree, carefully stored, 283 four barrel, 67k mi, all original survivor. He thinks it's worth $30k. I told him possibly more. I plan to travel to see him and take pics after holidays. My question to this forum is : Do you think it's worth $30?

68,758 Posts
hard to tell till you get the pics, but sounds about right. :anim_25:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

I'm still getting used to the forum. I posted info on car in a different thread, for sale I think. Anyway I will be visiting my friend after Christmas to take pics and post them. Until then I'd really like some opinions on value. As stated elsewhere it's a red/white 57 210 with 283 4barrel, three*on*the*tree, stored in heated garage, all original 67k mi survivor. No idea yet about what other options it may have, but seems to have lots of chrome if memory serves. He's owned it since before I met him 34 years ago. Car is in excellent condition. Any thoughts on value would be appreciated. We're thinking low-to-mid thirties. It will be for sale at that price anyway, shortly after new year. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Photos would be nice. Mike

·
Premium Member
50,809 Posts
Looking forward to the pictures too ... also where located ... :anim_25:
Cowboy :flag6:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Last Pics

These are the last of what I have. Don't forget video on youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjWlrOPeEyc&feature=youtu.be

He won't sell it for less than $30k, I hope you folks enjoy the pics/video and will help me to determine its value. I will answer all questions I can and will contact Bob for answers I can't. BTW do 57s have a Fischer body plate like Camaros giving color code etc? I couldn't find one on car.

Attachments

·
Administrator
49,964 Posts
There should be a cowl tag on the firewall with numbers info. It can be in one of two places, right behind the distributor, or under the heater hose outlet.
Terry

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
First off its not all an all original survivor, it has Bel Air seatcovers in it and if thats the factory applied paint I'll take pistachio. If he won't ever take less than 30K for it hes not going to sell it unless he just happens to be visited by the proverbial fool and his money. Its just not that detailed out and would take alot of time and money to be worth in the 30K ball park. If its solid underneath thats a 18 - 22K car in my neck of the woods. IMHO of course others will be along with theirs which certainly may be wildly different.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks

Thanks, I already looked for it on firewall. Will check more closely around distributor next time I visit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Correct

You're right about seat covers. They were recovered with Bel Aire versions. Didn't know that disqualified it as a survivor. However he still has originals. Does that mean anything. As for color I'm told that he never even waxed or polished car in 30+ years he's owned it. Could it just be faded? Also not original 4bbl, but he kept that as well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts