Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have enjoyed reading through the threads over the last couple of years. Very helpful information. Thank you. It's time I introduce myself. My name is Joaquin. I'm 38 and I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I purchased a 57 belair 2dr hardtop from my dad. I actually traded my 59 el camino for it. It is a stock 283 with an aftermarket 3 speed manual. It came with the original powerglide in the trunk but I don't think it will be used anymore. I have always been into classic vehicles. I still have my first vehicle. Its a 59 chevy 1/2 ton fleetside. My dad wouldn't let me have full control over it until I was in my early 20's which I am glad now because it would probably have not made it past 16 or 17. I ran a 58 ford pickup for the first couple of years and it left me walking almost half the time I drove it. My dad would get off of work and solder the brass topped radiator at least a couple of times a week. It taught me to take care of what I have. My next few vehicles in high-school included a couple of mustangs(67 and 68) an old scout with a built in camper, and a 49 ford. I took autobody classes through the area vocational program in high-school and started buying, fixing, and selling classic cars. I still have a large collection of classics but I'm wanting to put this 57 in front of the line of projects I have. Right now I have an 80 scout Terra with an sd33t diesel in it that is down to bare metal. I just want to get it in epoxy so I can work on the 57 more. On the 57, I have removed the engine, transmission, trim, glass,interior,etc. I thought I was only going to have to replace the floor but when I took off the outer trim I noticed that someone had poorly replaced the outer quarter with a very large tin panel riveted on and then slapped on some bondo. I thought the inner quarters were just needing some patch panels but upon further inspection inside the car I realized they were gone too. The car looked to be in really good shape when I first looked at it but it was not. I would like to bring this car back to its former glory and have a nice cruiser in the next couple of years. I will add pictures. Over the last year the complete floor, inner quarters, outer quarters, rear fin extensions, doors, and trunk have been replaced. Thank you to all the knowledgeable people on this site.

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
Hello and welcome to trifive.com.
Great intro.
Sounds like we need to be asking you for advise on how to fix these old cars.:)

Reactions: Jay Sea

·
Registered
66,161 Posts
hi Joaquin and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro.

Reactions: Jay Sea
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.