Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a 1957 Chevy Bel Air 2-dr HT. It is a Father/Son project that we started in Louisiana in 1998. The car belonged to a friend of ours, but for a long time we did not know he had it. We told a mutual friend that we were looking for a car to restore together. The friend told us about the '57 and told us out friend wanted to sell it. We bought it for $1000 and that's where the fun began.

We did a complete body off restoration. Body and paint was done in Louisiana. I moved to California in 1999 and my dad moved out a few years later. He trailered the the car out here. We finished assembling the car and had the interior done from scratch. We also pulled out the non-numbers matching 350 and replaced it with a GMPP 350HO crate motor.

The car has been lowered a couple of inches. It has disk brakes and 18 inch Boyd Coddington wheels. In the future I would like to add Vintage Air and some upgraded steering/suspension components.

I also have a 1969 Camaro and a 1966 Chevy Nova. I am a member of Pro-touring.com, Lateral-g.net and Steves Nova Site. I look forward to being a member of this site as well and checking out all of the nice tri-5s.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive:shakehands: :anim_25:with the 57... Later, Dave

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome! I work for the City of Corona and live up the street in Norco. I'm doing a second restoration on a 55 210 2 door. In fact, the body just came off the rotisserie and set back on the frame this weekend. Welcome again and lets see some more pictures, the car looks great.

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi ya and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. did this with your dad is so cool, beautiful 57. :party0031:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome

Nice looking ride and Welcome.

I use to work in Norco many years ago, driving my convertible through the green mist around the dairies each morning. There are lots of meets and folks in your area for tri-fives. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Californian!

:sign0016: to TriFive! Yep - You Found It! - the Best TriFive Site around! Friendly knowledgeable people. Glad to hear about your Father/Son '57 project: Beautiful looking!! :wavey:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.