Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Every body.
I am a new member living in New Zealand.
Like most of you I am car crazy. I don't mind any type or make of car but my favourite is definitely Chev. I have two Chev's, a fully restored 57 Black convertible which I imported from the US about twelve months back. It had received a full body of restoration and only travelled 1,500 miles since the restoration was completed in 2000. I did more miles than that in the first month following its arrival here in NZ. I just love it. Even just sitting in it in my garage has me with a huge smile all over my face. I purchased the car through eBay, having it checked out privately before handing over the money. The car was better than I expected (unlike my two earlier purchases of 57 coupés) which was a welcome surprise. Almost every thing was either new or totally reconditioned. Oh, and what really made me buy it was its 100% original. Only non original part is the tape deck AM/FM radio, fitted into the old hole but the original radio came with the car in a box along with lots of cups and trophies the previous owner had won at car shows etc. It is truly a fantastic car.
My other is a C6 ZO6 Corvette, retuned, putting out just under 600hp. I purchased my ZO6 new in the USA on 23rd Dec 06, shipped it directly to Australia where the front and interior was mostly dismantled to allow for a right hand drive conversion to be completed. They did such a good job, their is no evidence anywhere throughout the car of the steering wheel ever being on the other side. Once finished, I shipped it home to New Zealand. I am a member of the local Corvette club and enjoy the club runs as well as two or three track days a year in it. Its a great car on the track and even better that you can drive it their and back as well as being very competitive.
Well that's about it from me. Hope I havn't bored you all too much. Its 12-45am here now so I'm of to bed.
Cheers, Kiwi Ken

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Hello Ken, :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive :shakehands:

·
Premium Member
10,936 Posts
Welcome to Tri-Five Ken. It's always good to have another Kiwi member. We're glad to have you here.

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi ken and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. ............... hint :pics-1:

·
Registered
15,587 Posts
Hello Ken,nice to have you here @ bowtie-trifive and :sign0016:aboard from the Lone Star State.:shakehands: :anim_25: :sign0016:

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Welcome

:bowtieb:

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Hi Ken
:sign0016: to bowtie-trifive :n_z:
I remember meeting you and your wife at Hamner Springs in the Z06 and also at the Beach Hop in the 57. Your 57 is great.
Are you coming to the Corvette Nationals in New Plymouth?
Americarna is the week after as well, Cheers Rod & Kaye

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand.
8,023 Posts
:ciao:Hi Ken and :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive from a fellow Kiwi :n_z: :shakehands:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.