Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my '56 post coupe about a month ago and have been grinning ever since. I guess the '56 is my favorite because as a little kid my brother's friend had one painted tangerine orange with big gold metal flake (that was in the '70's) and Cragers and the car made an impression on me. My brother still has his first car, a '55 post. Mom & Dad had a '57 Belair sport coupe that they bought in 1959 from the Attorney in town. It was classy in copper and ivory back then and still is today. It was the family car for years and then ended up in storage only to be pulled out once a year for a wash and returned to the garage. That summer day was always a highlight for me especially in my teenage years. I've owned 3 first generation Camaros that were awesome but this time I wanted something completely different. These tri-5's are like dinosaurs but they just couldn't be any cooler.

The picture on my profile is from the night that I brought it home. I've determined that it was originally all black; it's currently in primer. It's a midwestern car that has spent it's entire life right here in Wisconsin.

This is just the beginning of my journey . .

Attachments

·
Registered
67,713 Posts
:hello: hi joe and welcome. good to have you here. congrats and have fun with it, looks like a nice one. :tu

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome! I spend a lot of time in Madison, maybe we'll see each other at a car show some day.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Hello Joe, :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive :shakehands:

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Welcome

:bowtieb:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:tobowtie-trifive from another 56 owner:five: :anim_25:with the project... Except for the white top & wheels your 56 is a dead ringer for my High School car back in 63... Later, Dave

·
Registered
90 Posts
Locals

Hi Joe, Welcome! I am just to the south of you in Mazo... we should meet! I have a 55 Belair post that I am starting on. Sent a P.M. too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.