Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,:wavey:
I am a new member looking forward to reading and educating myself on the 55 chevy I just bought. Its a 2 door sedan. Needs floor work. The rest of the body looks pretty good. Once I get going on the project that will probably change. I am not a chevy nut I am a car nut. I own fords, chevys, dodges, mercurys, desotos, Cars, pickups, trucks etc. I've always wanted a 55 chevy 2 door but kinda gave up ever finding one. About 30 years ago as a teenager I tried to buy one for 500.00 bucks, didn't get it done. Since then the price has been too high for done ones and as the years have went by the projects are hard to come by and rustier every year. But I found this one that doesn't need a lot of rust repair so I jumped on it. Now the fun begins.:happy0030:

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Hey Pete, your story sounds an awful like my own!! I have always wanted a '55--or at least ever since my teenage years. I tried to buy a '55 Sedan Delivery back in about 1979 but it was priced way out of my reach. I think it was close to $2,000. I finally found a 55 2DHT I couldn't resist about 3 years ago. It sat in storage for the first year and a half while I finished another project...but now I'm fully committed.

Good luck with yours!! And congratulations on finally getting it.

Jay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I've put a picture of my 55 in my avatar. It needs some patch work in the front floors and a little in the rockers. But, the body seems solid. I believe it was redone about 15-20 years ago. It was running a driving until 8 yrs ago when the engine was pulled and put in a chevelle.

So, in order to help me not lose interest as I have on other projects, I am going to take a different approach this time. I am going to get it running and driving first, and then start on some of the repairs. I figure if I can drive it some I won't end up losing interest and sell it. That happened to me with a 70 Roadrunner, hence my screen name. I had it all apart, moved, things change and ended up selling it in pieces. I still kick my self over that one.

Pete

·
Registered
67,443 Posts
:hello: hi pete and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. cool looking 55, have fun with it. i feel like you, as my sig says. :five:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Stick With Us!! - -

Pete, :sign0016: to TriFive! Glad you got your '55 and it sounds like you have a good plan - Get it running first, drive it, enjoy it, work on it in your spare time! If you stick with us - you won't end up with another Roadrunner - - we won't let you!! :wavey:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive Pete:wavey: :anim_25:with the 55... Later, Dave

1 - 20 of 21 Posts