Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member 1st post. Ok here we go. My brother purchased this 56 back in 1997. Not long after he was diagnosed
with cancer and passed away in 1999. It has been parked and untouched since. The car was willed to me to continue
the fix up. Not much was done to the car and then in 2003 life decided to deal me a stroke. It's been a long relearning
curve but with support from family and friends wotk resumed late last year. Ok enough of that here is my question. My brother ( i think ) knew time was short on time and bought the 56 sight unseen. I wanted more info on the car so i started by researching the VIN#. First red flag no vin tag. second issue is that the title reads
VC56K114026. V stands for V8 correct? The motor is a straight 6. So separated the body from the frame to find the #
stamped into the frame. Huh no match. The stamped # is as follows 56K115249. I know the smart thing would to use
it as a parts car. Cowl tag is on the car body in the correct place. It reads Style - 56 - 1011D. Body # K7271. Trim 578.
Paint 792D. This info matches the body. paint , interior , car body has Bel Air trim and badging. Soon as i figure out
how to post pics i will. Any info or advice will be greatly appreciative.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Hi, welcome & good luck with your '56.

·
Registered
66,172 Posts
hi ratboy and welcome. good to have you here.

·
Registered
7,510 Posts
Hi there and welcome to Tri-five.com from New Zealand

·
Premium Member
10,727 Posts
Welcome to Tri-Five and best of luck figuring out the VIN issue. We're glad to have you here.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Welcome to Tri-Five Forums. Van

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.