Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been messing with cars since I was a kid, always liked the tri-fives, but was never in a position to have one. Fast forward some years, I have a small collection of driver quality cars, a Jeep CJ7 resto project on the go, and I think it's time to add a driver quality tri-five to the fleet so I signed up.

With any luck, I'll find the right car and be able to join the discussions here.

Edit: Located in SoCal, sometimes in Alberta. Willing to travel for the right car.

Reactions: 58-GMC

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I tried to post a WTB: thread but it needs approval before showing up, which is understandable as I just joined.

·
Registered
67,371 Posts
hi Carson and welcome. good to have you here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome aboard. Former Jeeper here. I sold my CJ project and all my parts which paid for my '57 210 and I'm happy that I did that. Hopefully you will be able to find one soon!

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Hi & welcome. Good luck with the find.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome aboard. Former Jeeper here. I sold my CJ project and all my parts which paid for my '57 210 and I'm happy that I did that. Hopefully you will be able to find one soon!
I can't see ever selling this CJ. It started with buying one to tinker with and enjoy, went to a fuel injection conversion and full mechanical rebuild, now I'm doing all the floors, body etc. I'll be in to this for the cost of a new Jeep easily by the time it's done, plus a couple years of my spare time.

That's why I'm trying to step up and buy something nicer this time that I can drive and enjoy. If it needs paint a few years down the road once the CJ is done, that's fine. If the interior is a little subpar, that's fine as long as it's usable and the original stuff is there. The aftermarket has full interior kits for a few thousand and that's not nearly as laborious as metalwork and bodywork.

Unfortunately I'm seeing a lot of people wanting Barrett-Jackson prices for their cars that have homemade floors, bucket seats out of some random 90s car, a few pails of bondo and a very amateur paint job. I do appreciate budget hot rods but there's s difference between craftsmanship on a budget and slapping something together. I'm not afraid to spend a little, but I sure want a half decent car that's worth spending even more time and money on in the future.

Reactions: 58-GMC

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand
7,761 Posts
Hi there and welcome to Tri-five.com from New Zealand

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Hi Carson. Might help if you let the members know what area you are located. Someone close by may have a lead on a tri five.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Carson. Might help if you let the members know what area you are located. Someone close by may have a lead on a tri five.
Sure thing. Edited my post to add that. I'm working in SoCal right now, but I'm willing to travel for the right car. Home is Alberta so I'm looking there too, would save me a whole bunch of taxes to buy and register one there, but getting the right car is more important.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.