has no money. anyway it turns out he just bought a local bar
and he was with his girl friend of about 15 years younger i guess
he was trying to impress her she did look good.next week it will
be about 70 degrees so i will drive over park next to the knew vet
and check out the newly remodeled bar.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome, Red. The story is hilarious! Seems like those of us with nice 57s are envied by those with the trophy girlfriends! :)

Can't wait until mine is nice enough to put me in that category!

BTW Post some pics if you get a chance, also where are you located?

·
Registered
12 Posts
welcome
Some people don't get it.

I was parked next to a brand new corvette at a cruise night last year, and he kept saying "how come everyone looks at your car , but just walks past mine?" I finally said ,"maybe its because yours is a new car?" He said "sure but my corvette is worth alot more" I just smiled Carl

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
That was a great story, the trifives will always be in the heart of all the people that see them, They automatically think of a past dream with the car or they try to imagine a future dream involing a Trifive.

Corvette = Nice looking car

Trifive = Beautifull, Great Memories, and that warm and fuzzy feeling inside. Trifives seem to be a living thing with a soul , and yes style and class of thier own.

Otis / Trifive :)

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
My '56 is my first tri-five chevy

I had a couple of '56 Oldsmobiles, a '57 and a 58 Olds back in the late 60's. I just got my '56 Chevy last September. I figure in 3 or 4 years I may get to drive it. Right now the chassis is stripped down and I'm repairing rotted areas on it. Then I'll have to replace the floors and repair the rest of the body. Also will need to find interior and driveline for it.
Dave

·
Registered
302 Posts
Anybody can buy a vette and take it to a custom shop to have it done and to a mechanic to change the oil... but it takes a very different kind of person to own a trifive. There is much more pride and when someone gives us a thumbs up or a kid twists his head around to get a better look, we know why we drive them... Welcome!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Brother '57

Welcome to the board. I am new as well !! I hope to make you as welcome as other great board members have made me!!!!! :)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
my57chevy said:
Welcome to the board. I am new as well !! I hope to make you as welcome as other great board members have made me!!!!! :)

With an avatar like that you're bound to make a ton of friends around here! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
1957chevy said:
With an avatar like that you're bound to make a ton of friends around here! :)
Thanks Old MIke...LOL I'll use a few different beauties from time to time....keeps everybody young and wondering;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Corvette people

Corvett people are strange They think since they have one, that there money bought. thay think they are some think speical. They paid way to much for the car and have the work done on it for them on it. They are just diffrent. But I guess we Tri Chevy Lover are also, we like to work on our cars and take pride in the fact we did it.

I also think cruze nights car should be at lease 10 years old to park.

Acechev55

1,544 Posts
welcome

Welcome to the site Red & white from sunny California, seems like red & white is a popular combination, my 57 is Viper red with white interior, quite a few of my classic Chevy club members are buying Vettes, not new ones of course, after restoring a classic they can't afford anything new, I guess back in the fifties having a Vette was the ultimate but we couldn't afford them then either, I guess it all goes back to the memories.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
8,867 Posts
acechev55 said:
Corvett people are strange They think since they have one, that there money bought. thay think they are some think speical. They paid way to much for the car and have the work done on it for them on it. They are just diffrent. But I guess we Tri Chevy Lover are also, we like to work on our cars and take pride in the fact we did it.

I also think cruze nights car should be at lease 10 years old to park.

Acechev55

10?? More like 25 years old! :D
Eldon

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Awesome story man, just goes to show you, a Corvette is just a car, a TriFive is so much more.

I know here at the Saturday Night Cruise event your car cannot be newer than 1972 to enter. It's cool having a decent sized car show every Saturday night, and it's even nicer not having it flooded with lowered, neon-laced Hondas everywhere.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hey corvettes are nice cars, tri fives are what most people can relate to. I don't know how many times I get stopped when I drive my 57 and people tell me my dad had one when I was a kid or that they had one at one time and wished they had never sold it. Heck even the kids today come up to me and say that is the coolest car what year is it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts