Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello out there. This is my first time at this. I dont do any of the social networking stuff the kids do these days (by choice). I have a larkspur blue 57 2 door hardtop that I frame offed in 76-78 and made one stunning debut the first day of my senior year of high school. However my high intesity driving technique of the time netted me a very badly damaged 57 chevy within a few months. The remaining school year was consumed rebuilding and repairing it. I puffed up the 327 with some camel back heads and new intake and carb. continued driving this beautiful hardtop till 1986. at which time I had to retire her because again my driving habits then had every virginia beach cop following me every time I would go somewhere. That said my old girl has been in dry storage since 86. Now she is on a pedestal (a lift) in the third bay of my garage minus rear half of the left quarter and full tailpan (Thanx for screwing me Rolls guy). Chopped up to be repaired and the guy didnt finish and stole my sheetmetal...NICE HUH :sign0020: So now Im gathering parts some shiny some not. Im still pondering whether to install the 468 BBC I have or build a 408 SBC or a LS motor. Carbs are easy, but I want Fuel injection and a good Hi power capable FI system might cost as I can get a LS motor for. Shes gonna have a M22 tranny AC PS PB. So for now Im collecting parts and finishing my TPI 283 S-10 truck and then Im lowering the old girl down and get started on sheetmetal repairs. Im going to be asking questions on recomendations for quarter panels and if my orinigal plant to use a 4 door quarter is advisable and then on from there. Looking forward to getting and giving info. Thanx in advance

·
Trifive Calendar Editor
3,371 Posts
Welcome!, and thanks for the detailed intro.
Loads of folks here are able and ready to help.
-Anxious to read updates on your progress. -I wasn't big on this "social networking" either till I got involved to this site. -Good group of people here.

·
Administrator
48,750 Posts
Welcome to Tri Five. Sounds like you graduated about the same time as me. Have your driving habits gotten any better? If not maybe a hi-hp motor isn`t a good idea.:D
Terry

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gas pedal usage

Welcome to Tri Five. Sounds like you graduated about the same time as me. Have your driving habits gotten any better? If not maybe a hi-hp motor isn`t a good idea.:D
Terry
Thanx Terry, LOL . Yes age and wisdom have prevailed. I actually use the gas and brake pedal these days. back then a gas pedal could have easily have been replaced with a toggle switch. I will try to get some pictures posted.

·
Registered
66,326 Posts
:hello: hi ya and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. ............third bay, lift. got my attention. :party0031:

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Welcome to trifive. I'm not on facebook or twitter or anything else.
I've got a couple car forums I go to and that's quite enough.
Good luck on the re-re-re build. Keep us updated and pics would be great.
Even if they're of a crunched, cut up project..:confused0006:..especially if they are of a crunched, cut up project. :happy0030:

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Hello muscleparts
welcome aboard
sounds like it will be a fun build
lookin forward to those pic's
enjoy...:)

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive:wavey: Nice intro story... Later, Dave

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
:sign0016: to Trifive.com muscleparts. Sounds like a great project. Love to see some pics.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.