Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have just recently joined and would like to say thanks for having me! I am a member of several other auto related web sites and I have to say the infomation you can get from these places is just amazing! Everyone is usually just great with giving out their tricks/knowledge about what they work on and how they get the job done.
I have a car which I had cruised around in when I was in HS in Detroit in the early '70's. At the time it was owed my a friend of mine and he got tired of it and sold it to me around 1978 or so. I drove it for a few years and then decided to take it all apart and it's been in pieces ever since. Now it's time to do something with it! Put it back together!
One thing that is different that I noticed is the engine block is stamped with a number that indicates it to be a 1957 265, I have not seen any of these before, usually in 57 it was a 283. Anyway, don't know how it got there but there it is.
Once again thanks for having me and I hope to be here for a while sharing knowledge with everyone.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Nice to have you join us....I've resisted the urge to take mine apart, I just work on it....slowly, but steadily! :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome! I have been told that a few 57's left the factory with left over 265's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.