Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY!
You can get to know me as Mike. I started driving a cab part time about 2yrs ago. I talked the owner into putting on a New Line of "Eco-Friendly" Vehicles which has been a great success. The Co. has more than trippled in size (21 cars to 78 cars) in just over a year. The owner has now made me General Manager.

I'm 62 and grew up with these TriFive cars. I remember my dad buying a "NEW" 57 Bel Air. I've always loved these cars. I've now decided for our Co.'s publicity to build a "Show Pony". A 1957 Chevy Bel Air 4 Door as a Legal, Functional Taxi Cab. I've run it by our city & state officials. They said OK IF it passes ALL Taxi Cab Inspections for Safety & Customer Comfort. (this car, though Legal will not be used as a regular Taxi only publicity and special passengers)

I now have a 57 Bel Air 4 dr Sedan and a 4 dr wagon. I intend to make a Taxi out of the sedan, the wagon will become a Stretch Limo. First the Taxi, it seems the easiest. This will be my first attempt at this since I was a kid 45 yrs ago.

This will not be a restoration but a build. I want 4 wheel anti-lock disc breaks, New Computer Controlled Engine & Trans, P/B, P/S, P/W, A/C, basically a NEW Car with a "Classic Body". I'm sure everything I want has been done before by somebody. I thought the 57 Stretch Limo was an original idea until I found one in Chicago.

I'll be looking for Some parts and a LOT of advice.

Mike

·
Registered
Auckland, New Zealand.
8,282 Posts
:ciao:Hi Mike and :sign0016: to bowtie-trifive from New Zealand :n_z: :shakehands: Looks like you have your work cut out for you for quite some time!

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:tobowtie-trifiveMike:shakehands: :anim_25:with the projects... Later, Dave

·
RIP 11/24/2021
68,758 Posts
:hello: hi mike and welcome. good to have you here. ......................... hint:pics-1:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.