Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Just purchased my first Tri-5. Its a 55 4dr that is a "barn find" from east Alabama. It has the original 265 and 3spd manual in it. The interior has been restored some time ago, but is still in great shape. Body has typical small surface rust spots around parts of the stainless trim and lower door/rocker area, but the front and rear glass have NO rust around them. The underside is all original metal, no patch panels, and is all solid. The trunk is like new. Not even surface rust. Still shiny paint. Body is straight as an arrow and all body gap lines are as good as they get. Doors open and close as they should and windows all work great. I have had a complete 348 W 4bbl motor and matching cast iron powerglide sitting in my garage for 14 years waiting on a car worthy of putting it in. Well....needless to say... i finally got one. I am in the process of stripping the motor down for the rebuild. I have a 700R4 that I will be putting behind it. Have no use for the powerglide if anyone wants to make an offer on it. I am so excited about this project and cant wait to see it completed. It will take some time though due to work and family obligations, but It will be worth it. I have wanted one of these cars all my life and finally got one. I will be full of questions and seeking any and all advice on my W motor and trans swap and restoration tips as well. Look forward to speaking with everyone.

·
Registered
19,596 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:tobowtie-trifiveRob:shakehands: :anim_25:with the 55... Later, Dave

·
RIP 11/24/2021
68,758 Posts
:hello: hi rob and welcome. good to have you here. congrats, have fun with it. .................. hint:pics-1:

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
:wavey: Hi Rob and welcome to the best trifive site on the web. You will find lots of friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful folks here. Nice intro and good luck with your project. Glad you joined us. :shakehands:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.