Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a New Member from California with a new addition to the family a 1955 Bel Air Convertible

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Hello,its great to have you here @ bowtie-trifive and :sign0016: aboard. :shakehands: :anim_25: :bowtieb:

·
Registered
65,585 Posts
:sign0016: hi, good to have you here. doesn't get any better then a vert, congrats :)pics-1:). :tu

·
Registered
19,594 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:tobowtie-trifive:shakehands: Glad you joined us... Later, Dave

·
Registered
7,385 Posts
:ciao:Hi there and :sign0016:to bowtie-trifive from New Zealand :n_z: :shakehands:

·
Registered
41 Posts
55 Convert

I've had a '55 convert for about six years, and I'm in love with it. I made a conscious decision to go non-stock: radials, TorqueThrusts, front discs (you are crazy to drive an old car with a single-circuit brake system), modern stereo system, 350 crate motor dressed to look like the 265, 85 amp alternator which still drives the p/s pump, electric windows and other goodies. It still looks stock from the outside, and people who aren't knowledgable look at my engine compartment and say "it looks original". I've got nothing against leaving them stock, but I drive my cars, and all this stuff just naturally evolved. My only regret is an EFI setup by a well-known manufacturer, which has never worked quite right, first on the 265, and now on the 350.
My car was awarded "Best TriFive Chevy" at the Cruise Above the Clouds" in Woodland Park, Colorado, last year, so I guess it's been worth the investment.

If you have any convertible questions, I'll be happy to try to answer them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
John: I may disclose this in a few weeks, or months. At the moment I am dependent on the manufacturer to a substantial extent for troubleshooting help, and don't wish to alienate them by badmouthing their product. I do have a suggestion: if you have someone else do the installation, go with their advice and preferences, and don't push them to install something other than the one they like, and have experience with.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.