Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Folks, Just saying hello. I am in the midst of doing a body off restoration on a 57 Chevy 2dr post that I purchased about 6 years ago from Indiana (I guess I'm a bit of a procrastinator) and thought that I might join you guys and maybe learn a few things that might save me some time and money. The car turned out to have quite a bit more rust than I anticipated and I don't know whether or not this body is worth the time and cost of restoring or if I should just look for another body. So I will be looking forward to reading the posts and asking for some advice from time to time. Thanks, Marcus

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016:to trifive Marcus:shakehands: :anim_25:with the 57...Later, Dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. To tell you all just a bit more about my 57 and what I've done so far. I've pulled the body off of the frame and have cut out all of the flooring and trunk metal. The wheel tubs are shot and there is rust at the lower areas where the firewall attaches to the rockers. The outer body metal is in pretty good shape except for the front windshield framing on both sides where the metal curves up to meet the roof. Both of these areas are badly rusted out. Both doors have rust in the lower framework areas and along the bottom of the door skin. The car was restored earlier although poorly, and has a late 60's 327 motor with a 350 auto trans. The frame looks solid and true as far as I can tell. I will get hold of my daughter's camera in the next day or so and post some pictures to see what you guys think about whether this is a good body to go forward with or not. Thanks, Marcus

·
Registered
845 Posts
Welcome! Good luck with your ride.

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi marcus and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
57 Project Pictures

Hey Guys, Just posted some pics of my 57 project. Lots of rust here and thought maybe you all could give me some advice on how to proceed. Looking forward to your comments. Thanks, Marcus

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.