Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. Just joined so I can keep up with Tri-5 goings-on. Don't own one but did own a '57 Bel Air 2Dr Hdtp a very long time ago (mid 60's).

Always had a love and appreciation for these cars as did my Dad them when I was youngster. He owned a solid black '55 2Dr 150 Sedan he literally bought from a little old lady that seldom drove it. Had the 265 V8 and 3 on the tree. That car floated down the neighborhood in Hurrican Betsy. A friend of mine bought it and we made a drag car out of it.

Another '55 2Dr Hdtp red and white that he decided should be black instead so he had a friend of his repaint it and botched the paint job. I thought my Dad (who was an ex pro boxer) was gonna kill him. He redid it but it was never that great.

Another Solid Black '57 2Dr Hdtp Powerpack/Auto/Red and Black interior and then the car he gave me after I graduated from High School. '57 White with Red/Black interior 283 Powepack/Auto. Of course I had to hot rod it and drag race it. Converted it to 3-speed, had engine redone with 12:1 compression. Sold that car (that became a rustbucket due to salt air in Honolulu, Hi) to buy a new 66 SS Chevelle.

Anyway, hope I did'nt bore ya'all. I'm looking forward to reading the forum.

·
Premium Member
4,905 Posts
Hello and welcome to trifive.com from Chattanooga TN.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi and welcome, glad you are on board. Lots of good people on this site. :)

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
Hi & welcome.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Welcome Mike! WARNING... participating here in this forum and learning about TriFives will almost certainly awaken those long dormant needs to OWN a TriFive! :) Of course that's OK... so Enjoy the trip!

·
Registered
66,172 Posts
hi Mike and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. good time to get another trifive, buyers market.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, such a large welcoming commitee, I feel at home already😎
As far as owning another one, I actually do own several but they're 1/24 scale😀

·
Registered
7,510 Posts
Hi there and welcome to Tri-five.com from New Zealand

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status