Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I installed a new oil pan with a new timing cover. Used the rubber one piece gasket and the install went well. Except for a small leak between the timing cover and the oil pan. I torqued the pan bolts 12 lbs like they said to do. Any ideas besides taking all apart and redoing it. NO permatex was used, only on the front and rear seals.

Robert

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Guys, I installed a new oil pan with a new timing cover. Used the rubber one piece gasket and the install went well. Except for a small leak between the timing cover and the oil pan. I torqued the pan bolts 12 lbs like they said to do. Any ideas besides taking all apart and redoing it. NO permatex was used, only on the front and rear seals.

Robert
Hopefully its not the blue Chinese Felpro gasket as they seem to be a hard plastic gasket.

I use the soft rubber gasket you can get from Engine tech or http://www.straubtechnologies.com Also I do silicon around the front and the rear just like the factory does.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I had a similar problem, I took both the pan and the timing chain cover off and compared them to the old beat up original parts. The pan was good, but the curve in the timing chain cover was not. So I bought a GM authorized aluminum timing chain cover and the problem was solved. The replacement pan & timing chain cover were some Chinese reproduction I'm sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts