Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya'll:
I'm new to Trifive forum but not new to the joys of owning one.
My first car was a '55 210 2dr sedan, that Daddy bought in '59, had 265 powerpak and 3 on tree. Dad let me have it when I turned 16 and I drove thru high school and sold shortly after graduation. I purchased a '66 chevele which I drove for 2yrs. Won't as much funn as '55 so I found me a '55 BelAir body and Dad and I built a nice little 327 w/muncie 4sp and 456 posi. Talk about fun!!!!!!!! We had plenty, everyday driver with 12.60 qtr times.
Anyway, 1973 came aong and so did wife #1 so I had to let her go.(the '55)
To make a long story short 30 yrs later and wife #2 (of 23 yrs) goes out and finds me an all original '55 BelAir 2dr sedan w/34500 miles and presents it to me for Christmas & birthday 2003.
Plans are to do a complete original restore using as many of the original trim parts as possible.
I've been browsing thru this forum and you guys have a great thing going here. I've found a lot of useful information already and as I get into my project I'm sure I will be calling on you guys for plenty of answers and advice.
Keep up the good work and be sure to keep this site family friendly as my Grandson will be helping me with the restoration project. (I want him to have as close a relationship and memories of teen and early adulthood with me as I had with Dad).

Thanx
PaPa Mike

·
Administrator
49,643 Posts
Mike welcome to the site. Glad to hear you`ve got you another 55. My grandson isn`t quiet old enough to help me yet but the time is coming, he`s 3. I can only imagine how much fun you`ll have with him helping you on the 55.
Terry

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
Welcome to Trifive, and yes this site will always be family friendly, from time to time some new member might slip a post like advertising meds or something but it will get deleted asap.

However anyone can advertise anything related to our hobby Trifive's we just keep the site clean.

Otis / Trifive:)

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1957chevy said:
Now there's a wife to keep!

Welcome! :)
You betcha on keeping the wife.
Thanx Guys for the welcome. 2 Grandsons 1 is 17 and the other is 6 months.( got 2 Grandaughters 17 and 13 too).
I just had shoulder surgery so I don't know how long before we can get started on restore, Grandson wants to use the restore as his Senior Project in school, but I don't know if we can do all I want to do in that short time.
I'll send pictures as soon as I can get some on disc and download.
Looking forward to all the good stuff ya'll have to offer and I'll try to put in a nickel or 2 now and then.

Thanx
PaPa Mike

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
This has got to be the most civil site I've ever found...couldn't be more dedicated to one purpose and one purpose only - the advancement of our hobby! It's a new hobby for me, having tinkered a little, very little, and took a head-first dive into trifive ownership last year. I have tons to learn, and this is a great place to do just that! I'm sure I'll find some nuggets from your posts, so I for one am looking forward to your contributions.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome! We have full custody of our 9 year old grandson.....I really enjoy the time we spend together with the old cars and I think he does also.Continue making those memories.....He'll remember them long after you're gone!

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
We have full custody of a grandaughter 10. We enrolled her into private school this year and take my word for it, it will crimp ones budget. However, I want her to get a good education. I would rather she didn't hang around with the kids that wear thier pants down to thier knees and a ball cap on sideways. Not to mention the language.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep them Grand younguns close and they will give you some really great times. I had the privilege of teaching all 3 of the teens the joys of riding rollercoasters and other goodies like that. I still ain't too old to ride stuff like that. Taught the 17 yr old Grandson to drive 3 on tree in '55 and attempted to teach 17 yr old Grandaughter to drive same.(she hasn't developed the coordination for that yet, but she lves the rides). Getting ready to try to teach the 13 yr old Grandaughter to drive, hope to start her on the '55 so she will learn the way I did.
I sure hope I don't get too old to have the same with the new 6month old Grandson.
Anyway thanx for all ya'lls comments,
Gotta Run
Taxi Time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.