Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greeting from Myrtle Beach! I'm 20 years old and in the navy. I have recently been passed down this bel air from my grandmother. It was slightly restored 20 years ago but work stopped and the car is mostly stock. The top of the car seems pretty solid with most of the and little bubbling but the underside facing the ground is very rusted. The only holes I could find were in some of the floor pans and the very back corner of the car. This car watched me walk around in diapers from its shelter and I'm very excited to bring it back.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
last bit of photos

Attachments

·
Registered
68,758 Posts
hi T and welcome. good ti have you here and nice intro. cool project, family heirloom in the making.

Reactions: 58-GMC

·
Registered
907 Posts
Good project. Take it down to the metal and start over. You've got enough rust visible to know that there is more that you can't see until you strip it down. Look at several you tube videos of people replacing the floors or floor panels in their tri fives to get an idea of what to expect. You will find a wealth of information here and you can ask questions and get the benefit of some really good experiences. Some people will foo-foo the four door but remember, GM produced far more four doors than two doors so they must have been the most popular in the day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.