Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:My daughter today said that she would like to have the Bel Air in her wedding.
Now she doesn't have a date yet, they are talking about marriage but want to wait until both are out of school. The thing is that gives me about 30 months to finish the car.
It needs new trunk floor, whole floor replaced because it's cheaper than buying all the pieces I need. Media blast the body, build the engine, find a replacement front right fender. mock everything up, take it apart to paint, put it back together. fine tune everything.
Not to menetion the cost.
The good thing is the wife wants to cruise with it so buying stuff for it won't be as bad:tu
We have the frame painted and the rear end back on it. the front end is waiting for the shop to press in new bushings for the new A arms, hopefully that will be done tomorrow.
I have a front disc conversion waiting too along with new springs.
this list could fill a book:eek:
Anyway I thought you guys should know I'm going to be asking alot more questions.

·
Registered
67,443 Posts
great story dave, so cool your daughter wants to do this. :party0031:...................got the support of your wife too, yahooooooooo! :five:

·
Administrator
49,379 Posts
Don`t look at it as pressure. Looks at it a whole lot more incentive to get it done sooner.
That kind of pressure is what got me moving again, except i only had 3 weeks to get what i had to do done.
Terry

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Pressure?

Hey Dave - contact Hafrod - he can show you how to handle the pressure. :)

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
You are now a man with a plan... Pack a lunch and :anim_25:with the project... Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
New Pressure

Sounds like the family supports you so that ought to relieve some pressure and you have a great plan :congrats:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Bring on the questions Dave. :party0031: You've got the hard part out of the way... (THE WIFE'S APPROVAL).. :happy0030:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,405 Posts
Bring on the questions Dave. :party0031: You've got the hard part out of the way... (THE WIFE'S APPROVAL).. :happy0030:
Times two Dave....TriFive support team is standing by.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Wow BigDave, You have a wedding to give & restore a tri-five. The cost of both alone is enough to put someone in the poor house, but both together. You must share the secrets on the money tree you have.:confused0006:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts